Chicken pox?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Im going to upload some pics too so you get a better idea but Connah had spot yesterday when he woke up. He doesnt have loads,theyre on his forearms,hands,feet and his legs up to his knees.

They were raised yesterday and red so i assume chicken pox but the ones on his arms are a deeper red,not raised and look different...its almost like theyre changing from raised spots to this as the ones on his arms appeared first.

He is quite warm but he despises having his temp taken so each time we tried it hasnt been accurate.

Any ideas?:flower:

when morgan got these it started on his back and looked just like flat spots, eventually blisters then proper chicken pox and spread everywhere, he werent hot/sick just had this , takes ages to go aswell :hugs:

when morgan got these it started on his back and looked just like flat spots, eventually blisters then proper chicken pox and spread everywhere, he werent hot/sick just had this , takes ages to go aswell :hugs:

seems to be the other way round though...were raised spots like chicken pox but now these...

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/375806_2718657484530_1199792489_33235204_899831277_n.jpg

oooo yeh :? ive no idea, can u google it and look at other pics ? x

Hi,

Looking at your picture I would say it looks like hand, foot and mouth. My LO had this recently and it looked exactly like that.

He had it worse in his mouth and he didnt eat/drink for days. We were very unlucky as he had an exceptionsally bad case and it took a good week to get over it.

Symptoms were generally, temp, spots, off food/drink and generally under the weather.

It is viral so nothing you can do except calpol/ibuprofen and try to get fluids in. If he goes to nursery etc they generally wont take them until the spots have cleared/arent weeping

Be prepared for some sleepless nights and a whingy LO but it does pass

Hope that helps

xxxx

id agree and say it looks like hand foot and mouth.. It rampant at the moment according to my doctor. My son had it a few months back and it started on his feet and spread up his legs. Then little blister like spots started to appear on his hands and then finally inside his mouth. He was totally spot free from the waist up. He had a raised temperature too, took him to the doctore and she diagnosed hf&m, and explained its viral and there is nothing can be done but bear with it and give calpol/neurofen to manage the temperature!

Thanks MrsT2b :)

He off to the docs with OH at 9.50 as they want to see him, The Dr had said you couldnt get hand foot and mouth twice and Connah has already had a pretty bad case of it a while back :(

Soon know what it is though xx

Good luck at the doctor.. Let us know how he gets on xx

Thanks MrsT2b :)

He off to the docs with OH at 9.50 as they want to see him, The Dr had said you couldnt get hand foot and mouth twice and Connah has already had a pretty bad case of it a while back :(

Soon know what it is though xx

Good luck! My doctor told us that LO wouldnt get it again in the same "period" i.e. if he passed it to me he wouldnt catch it back but that if a couple of months later there was another outbreak he could possibly catch it again?

Hope its not HFM and just something that looks very similar!

xx

id say hand foot and mouth 2 and the doctors lying cause my sons had it 3 times. about 6 months apart tho.

hand foot and mouth - again my little one only had them from the waist down. So peed off it wasnt chicken pox lol

Well i honestly thought it was chicken pox :/

The more i look though the more i think hfm...Jack has it now though :(

Connahs are like tiny scabs now so he's allowed back at nursery tomorrow but poor little jck has got loads of them on him,high temp and very upset :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->