chicken pox

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
what is it i shud put in the bath with madam, biocarbinate of soda or baking powder :blush: i cant remember! i know calamine is a big no no, but wot can i use to relieve it(shes ok the now but will itch wen healing) help!

baking soda? so it tht the same as biocarbinate of soda or baking powder :wacko:

well i sed baking powder of BOS, n u combined both 2 confuse me!!!!

That was my plan muhahaha

Nah not really, the site i looked up on said baking soda, must have been an american site. I googled baking soda and it said its the same as BOS

why is camamile a big no no ? Ella has chicken pox too and Iv just put this on her! hows chloe ?

he HV told me about camamile lotion, doesn't it make them itch more???? or something???/

put ice cream on them they will be cold to notice the itch. just be sticky and cold instead

calamine make them dry quicker i think tht causes thm 2 itch( dont quote me on tht tho!!)

Calamine is GREAT before it dries ....

then it itches like hell and agrevates the spots to hell!

I used cold tea bags and cucumber on mine!

xxx

iv been using the calamine and she's seems fine in herself at the moment, the pox havent been bothering her atall. Stupid how the pharmasist never told me that about the calamine! you can get a cream, and she said the lotion was better to use than the cream!

i also got chloe piriton as tht is an anti-hystamine(sp) an good for chicken pox too

Thing is with calamine when it dries it causes the spots to itch thats when LO's start to scratch like mad!

xxx

my mum toldme but olive oil in the bath or on the spots as it softens the spots >????

You can use oatmeal. Aveeno bath is great. Pulled this next info straight from the net...
  1. Oatmeal Aveeno Bath for Itching: Sprinkle contents of one Aveeno packet under running faucet with comfortably warm water. Bathe for 15 - 20 minutes, 1-2 times daily. Pat dry with a towel - do not rub.
2. Benadryl liquid is great for the itching. Make sure of the dose! It can knock littles on their bums...adults too. If there's fever, use alcohol in a luke warm bath or just rub them down. BTW..are you pregnant?? Chicken pox in adults is extremely dangerous, especially pregnant women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->