Chickenpox in TWW

x-ginge-x

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
So my son had chicken pox two weeks ago, now I have them (im 24) I have no idea how I survived them this long but I suspect I am approx 4 dpo, would it be dangerous for me to conceive this month? Obviously I can't prevent it happening now but I am still paranoid it may do damage!

Oh no you poor thing. I hope you're not too bad, I had it a couple of years ago (age 36!) and it was NOT pretty. I had it really bad and was quite poorly with it. Sorry not what you want to hear! I then gave it TO my daughter (who had it quite lightly in comparison!)

It might be worth contacting your GP about it, I believe it can be harmful to pregnant women. Several years ago when my sister was pregnant someone in her office had it (and she hadn't had it as a kid like me) and she had to go to be tested and because she hadn't had it, i'm sure she had some kind of jab, but I may be wrong. Anyway they at least signed her off work for a while.

If you need any tips on how to ease the itching and suffering let me know!!

Yeah I have it pretty bad, in my hair on top of my psoriasis is pretty dreadful, and the 3 days of fever isn't pretty I have been to the GP this morning as they requested (should I say demanded) I go in and they have put me on antivirals 5 x a day for a week!

I found having baths with bicarb in to help the itching and it seemed to help the spots dry and heal up. Also used eurax and virasoothe for the itching. I hated using calamine lotion as that seemed to get even more itchy as it dried!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

I have some calamine cream I am going to use that, the hot and cold shivers are driving me barmy though!

Yes I had really high temperature, think it went over 40! Did the gp say if it could cause problems in case you are pregnant? I'm also same as you about 4/5dpo at the moment.

Doc said shouldn't be a problem so going on her word!

Gah! It is terrible today :( I am literally covered! The ones in my head are the worst as they are on top of my psoriasis!

Sounds like how I was, I was covered! I think because i'm the same colouring as you, they showed up twice as much on my pale skin! Your hair colour is exactly the same as mine! Even though I didn't (intentionally!) scratch them, I still ended up with several scars! Eugh!

I've just been googling scarlet fever and pregnancy as an email came from my daughters school that its going around. Apparently not a problem although could pass it to baby if have it when give birth.

I remember oatmeal baths being HUGELY soothing when I had it as a kid. (My sister was a few years younger, and was lucky enough to get the vaccine!)

I had it a couple years ago at 24, and the only thing that really seemed to help was an oatmeal bath, like Dill said. I used these special Aveeno oatmeal bath packets, but I'm sure a cup of plain oatmeal in the bath would be equally soothing. It sounds digesting- but it was my only relief.

Lol I tried oatmeal when I had it, it felt like I was in a bath of porridge!!! I preferred bicarbonate of soda in the bath!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->