Chickenpox

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Please, I hope Amanda doesn't have it and it is an allergic reaction. Thing is, I am the only one in the house who has ever had it. Dan has never had it!

For those that had children with chickenpox, what are the signs, symptoms, etc.

Amanda has bumps on her arms, front belly, back and some on her legs. She was itchy last night when we first noticed it, had a good sleep and doesn't seem to be itching this morning with the exception of only one spot under her arm but she itched it once. She doesn't have a fever.

BTW, keeping her home from school today just in case.

What are the spot/lumps like hun?

Jack had no other symptoms except spots

Kind of like when one has an allergic reaction...little hives.

Hmm it could be
Chicken pox are usually quite spaced out to begin with
they'll look quite wet and weepy too for a while then will crust over
Sorry i'm probably telling you something you know :blush:

Calomine cream is what i use rather than the lotion as it doesn't dry and go flky

So, checked Jayden this morning and he had a few bumps too.

Brought them both to the doctor and YES they BOTH have it. :dohh:

So far it's the calm before the storm.

Dan is unimpressed as he has never had it.

Well, I read on the internet that a baby won't get it because of the immunity of the placenta and breastfeeding.

I asked the doctor and he said he should be fine but he assumed I breastfed. But when I told him I didn't, he said he shouldn't get it but to keep the kids away just in case.

:hug: Sounds like your going to have a tough few days, hope Chase stays well :hugs:

Thanks honey! Hope Chase doesn't get it either but I've a feeling he won't. :)

I've already put a comment on your facebook, but wanted to send you and the kids a load of huge :hug:

And Jo's advise about the calamine cream is great. I've been using it for Charlie and it's brilliant. It really soothes the itching.

I've seen your comment. Thank you honey!

So Charlie has it too? How's he coping?

Yesterday they were great....no fever, they weren't as itchy as I expected them to be and they were not acting at all like they were sick. The spots were spreading quickly though. But, it was the first 24 hours for them.

Charlie's not coping too well tbh.:cry: But poor love is younger than your two and doesn't understand.

He started with the spots Friday night. Sunday and Monday were his worse days and Sunday night was awful. He's not sleeping well. And I've not been able to get the dummy out of his mouth since Saturday! He normally only has it to sleep! He's not eating much either.

But, I can remember Kayleigh having them at 3, and she sailed through it because she was that bit older and understood what was happening.

You two should be fine. Bicarb of soda in the bath is good for the itching.:hugs:

Aww, poor Charlie! I guess my mom probably had it rough with me when I had it at 2. LOL

Hope he gets better soon! :hug:

I don't know if it's the initial stages for the reason that they are coping right now and if I have to assume the worst is yet to come. LOL I have calamine lotion (will look into getting the cream), oatmeal bath and I've also gave them a children's allergy medicine (Reactine) that works for 24 hours. They've slept well last night and are still sleeping.

Tried giving Charlie some children allergy medicine?

:hugs: for the kids Leeanne and I'm fairly sure babies can get it :( my neighbours down the road their 6 week old got it from their sibling :nope:

and Cara got it at 10 months old from her sister :(

Its no fun thats for sure:hugs:

Yeah, I've heard they can. Hope Chase doesn't get it though!

Update on them. Amanda now has pink eye and has more spots than Jayden. She's doing well though and not been scratching. I think the allergy medicine helps in addition to the oatmeal bath and literally pouring the calamine lotion on their bodies.

Jayden has less spots and funny, some seemed to have disappeared. Strange, yes, but true. Jayden is sneaky and will go under a blanket to scratch but he's been pretty good too.

Neither of them have it on their face....and hope they don't.

But, this is around day 2.

Strange thing. Chicken pox incubates in your body 14 days prior to the rash occuring.

14 days ago Amanda had a fever, headache, aches and pains and was a bit stuffy. Jayden got it a few days later. Perhaps that was the start of it.

BTW, I always said that these two were close and got along well. The sibling love covers getting chicken pox together. LOL

At leeast they'll have it over and done with...no fun for you or them:hugs:

fingers crossed little chase stays ok too :hugs:

xoxoxo

Charlie's gone to bed at 7pm for the first time since Saturday, so I'm hoping we're over the worst of it.

His seemed to start on his torso and radiated out from there. So the ones on his face didn't appear until the Sunday afternoon. I'll take a picture of him tomorrow so you can see. Poor love looks like a teenager with severe acne scabs.:cry:

I didn't think about the allergy medicine.:dohh: Hope your 2 get better soon.:hugs:

Hope your little guy gets better soon too! :hug: It truly sucks when young ones are sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->