Child accounts UK

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good bank to set up an account for the baby with?

We have quite a bit saved for her so far and want to enable people to pay into her account at the baby shower if they would prefer rather than buying presents, and when she's older we will encourage her to save half of her pocket money etc

When I was younger I had a psot office account and it was great because I had a little book, does anyone know if anything like this still exists in the UK?

If not, who are you choosing to bank with for your LOs future??

the boys dont have bank accounts but they do have trust funds ours are set up through ASDA and the Childrens Mutual and this baby will get one the same, if people want to give us money for baby then it will go into the ISA till baby is here and we have the Trustfund set up then get shifted over

You'll be able to open a PO account for your LO if you wish :)

All of my family is with Santander, interest rate of 0.4 for children.

I'm having issues with them though, get the odd random OD daily fee of £50, always refunded.

We have a Little Rock account with Northern Rock. Can't remember what interest rate he gets though but it's good, sorry x

ETA: He has a little book with it

Hi,

I am pretty sure you still get a little book if you have any kind of savings account (My Mum has one!) I dont know what account is the best for savings accounts, but I am hoping to look into this soon too, so let me know if you get any good replies! My OH Boss is going to be one of the Godparents and he has said he will put £1,000 into a savings account for LO once he arrives, so need to find a good one too!

Good Luck! xx

Try this
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/child-savings-tax-free

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back