child benefit, child tax credit???

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
i have just heard on news something about child benefits going up on monday!!! or have i totally mis heard it and lost the plot :blush:

All benefits go up a little on Monday i think. I know SMP does.

ahhhh i tried looking for the information but couldnt find it anywhere :-(

I got a letter a while back saying its going from £18 a week to £20 a week i think if i remember right! I think most benefits go up a small amount in April every year!

i have just heard on news something about child benefits going up on monday!!! or have i totally mis heard it and lost the plot :blush:

i thought i just heard that aswell due to the price in food ect

yea thats what i was watching to :blush: but child benefit already went up in january:blush: didnt it? well its the first i have heard of it xx

yea thats what i was watching to :blush: but child benefit already went up in january:blush: didnt it? well its the first i have heard of it xx

it looks like its going up again if i hear right

I just read this - https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7982056.stm
Good times! x

I think it must be all benefits because i know my income support is going up a couple of pounds too x

I just read this - https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7982056.stm
Good times! x

thanks hun, doesnt really say if and how much more it will go up by or if it actually does go up xx

I thought the annual Child Benefit increase had just been brought forward from April to January, so we've already had it.

Is SMP going up as well then?? That would be great as my 6 weeks at 90% finished last week and I start on crappy SMP as from this week!

they are putting up becouse the price off food has gone up

My income support was meant to go up but it hasnt. Just checked my bank and its still the same. I always get it on sundays...

Check this out I get 10p!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: It was meant to go up to about £5....

My child tax went down 2 pounds instead of up :shrug:

Payments over bank holidays
From time to time, your normal payment day may fall on the same day as a bank holiday. This will often be a Monday, but not always. When this happens, you'll get your payment on the last working day before the bank holiday. So if the bank holiday is on a Monday, you'll get your payment on the Friday before.

This happens for all tax credits payments across the whole of the UK, even if a bank holiday only applies in one part of the UK. For example, Monday 13 July 2009 is only a bank holiday in Northern Ireland. But all tax credits customers in the UK who are usually paid on a Monday will get their payment on Friday 10 July 2009.

You can check the table below to see if your payments will be affected by bank holidays. And if they will be, you can see the date when you should get paid.

Bank holiday payment dates for 2009
Month Date of bank holiday Date your payment will be made
January 1 Jan 2009 (New Year's Day) 30 Dec 2008
2 Jan 2009 (Scotland only) 30 Dec 2008
March 17 Mar 2009 (St Patrick's Day - Northern Ireland only) 16 Mar 2009
April 10 Apr 2009 (Good Friday) 9 Apr 2009
13 Apr 2009 (Easter Monday) 9 Apr 2009
May 4 May 2009 (early May bank holiday) 1 May 2009
25 May 2009 (spring bank holiday) 22 May 2009
July 13 Jul 2009 (Battle of the Boyne - Northern Ireland only) 10 Jul 2009
August 3 Aug 2009 (Scotland only) 31 Jul 2009
31 Aug 2009 (summer bank holiday) 28 Aug 2009