Child Benefit & Child Tax Credit

Stacyluvya

Reaction score
Morning ladies!

Well just 8 days until my Elective CS due to breech baby and I'm just wondering if anyone can help...

How do I go about applying for Child Benefit? Also, Child Tax Credit? And I assume it'll be backdated to when baby is born?

Thanks in advance :)

Stacy xxx

I'm having my 5th baby and I've always got my forms for the benefits in the Bounty pack that they give you after you give birth. I'm not 100% sure if the tax credit forms are in there, but the child benefit forms definitely are :). Tax credits number 0845 300 3900, just give them a ring and they will send the forms out.

You do get it backdated to your baby's birthday.

you just have to call up, apparently they give you a pack in the hospital which part of it is forms for child benefit x

As with above - you get the child ben form at the hopsital - but you can't apply for it until you have a birth cert.

With CTC&WTC I rang up and they sent the form out. I know they ask for the babies child ben number on the form, not sure if you need that to claim or not?
It gets back dated x amount of weeks to babys birthdate x

Thank you, I had been wondering the same thing x

I've enquired about it and you do have to wait for the child to be born, but you can call them up and get the forms sent to you.....here's the link.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCreditsandChildBenefit/TaxCredits/DG_073804

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->