Child benefit

jenny82

Reaction score
I saw this news story this morning and realised that I don't think I have done anything with regards to our child benefit. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24396857

We are both registered for self-assessment anyway but haven't received a letter about CB. We are not over the threshold so would still probably receive something but tbh I don't know what our annual salary is until the end of the year as we take dividends as well. Do you think I'd still need to ring them or because we are already registered, do I leave it until we file a SA in January?

If you are unsure, I would give them a ring. Can't harm just to talk to them and ask.

Is everyone meant to register to be assessed?

I was also wondering about who needs to be assessed?
We are currently just under threshold.
Do they class company benefits as part of a wage? (Company cars, bonuses, private healthcare etc)?
X

I think you only have to register if you only earn over £50k. We are registered anyway as we have to be for our company but hadn't heard anything about this until I read the news today!

Are company benefits part of self assessment? If they are, then I guess they count? It's so confusing.. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->