Child benefit

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jenny82, Oct 5, 2013.

1. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

I saw this news story this morning and realised that I don't think I have done anything with regards to our child benefit. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24396857

We are both registered for self-assessment anyway but haven't received a letter about CB. We are not over the threshold so would still probably receive something but tbh I don't know what our annual salary is until the end of the year as we take dividends as well. Do you think I'd still need to ring them or because we are already registered, do I leave it until we file a SA in January?

2. lindseymw

lindseymw Mother of two boys

If you are unsure, I would give them a ring. Can't harm just to talk to them and ask.

3. sam2eb

sam2eb Well-Known Member

Is everyone meant to register to be assessed?

4. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

I was also wondering about who needs to be assessed?
    We are currently just under threshold.
    Do they class company benefits as part of a wage? (Company cars, bonuses, private healthcare etc)?
    X

5. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

I think you only have to register if you only earn over £50k. We are registered anyway as we have to be for our company but hadn't heard anything about this until I read the news today!

Are company benefits part of self assessment? If they are, then I guess they count? It's so confusing.. :/