child care options

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Partly because I'm curious and partly because I'm thinking my options through for Chloe.

I'm 99% sure she will be going to a child minder but wondered what everyone else will/does do for child care

for now I'll be watching Hannah, not sure when I'll end up going back to work tbh

Once I go back to work poor Alex will be all over the place - 1 day with my Mum, 1 day with OH's Mum, 1 day with my sister and then hopefully 2 days with me (otherwise he'll have to go to a childminder for 1 day) :(

Right now the OH is a SAHD. If he is able to get a job once we move then Danny will be in daycare.

I think we will b taking holly to a nursery cos i wouldnt trust just one personn to look after her and we have no family near by to look after her... not tht i trust anyways!!!

I'm not goin back to work til Jan but will be goin back 3 days a week, my mam will watch him 1 day then prob put him in nursery for the other 2 as don't trust DH's rents to take care of him, they're quite a lot older than my mam plus his dad couldn't even listen for 1 afternoon when i asked him to leave Alfie to go to sleep as he was overtired but 1 min later he was in his face playin so of course Alfie started screamin the place down :hissy: god knows what they'd do when i'm not there haha They also don't get the whole BLW thing and will no doubt feed him something i don't agree with just cos they're annoyin like that

I think we will b taking holly to a nursery cos i wouldnt trust just one personn to look after her and we have no family near by to look after her... not tht i trust anyways!!!

Yeah that's my thought to be honest. Fin'll go to Granny's for two days and nursery for 3 days.

not sure, am staying at home at the moment

Lola will be starting nursery 4 days a week in 3 months.

I'm on maternity leave until March 2010.. when I go back, I'll be working weekends/evenings so that her dad is home or so family can watch her while I'm at work.. when I get full time work (hopefully when she's about 1.5 years old) I think it'll be split between family & daycare.. unless I can find a babysitter I trust.

I want to stay home with him as long as possible..
When I do go work, I'll probably only be working weekends at first - just part time - so I'll hopefully leave him with family to save on costs. I don't want to work just to pay daycare!

I chose family, as OH will take some of the childcare over and hopefully OH's DD who is a qualified childminder too.

Aaron is in nursery while im in college and he loves it

I don't want to work just to pay daycare!

Agree!! If my salary only covers childcare.. I'm staying home!! LOL. I'll work as a waitress or something Friday/Saturday nights for extra cash!

Yeah we thought the same about the costs etc so had to figure it carefully but I started back at work today :hissy:.
Grace was with Grandma and starts nursery properly for 2 days tomorrow.

xx xx

Hi I chose Family. I have been back at work 3 days a week for past couple of months now. My mum has him one day and OH mum has him another day and my sister has him on saturdays. I am also going to look round a nursery this week as I would like Toby to go for one day as I think he would enjoy it and he loves other babies x

I voted other.

I will be working 3 days and 2 she will be at a nursery school and the other she will be with my MIL. If for any reason I'm not happy with her being with MIL (if she finds it too much) she'll be 3 days at school.

I'm very excited about her starting school. Although I didnt have any choice with her as there was no one available in my family to help, Emily loved nursery school and it did her the world of good. This time I feel lucky to have what I feel is the best of both worlds.
:D

I'll be going back to work on 1st June working Monday - Thursday. Harry will be in the nursery Monday - Wednesday and with my mum on Thursdays.

I'm only going back to work 3 days a week as of next month and Erin will be with OH's mum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->