child care options

My aunt and uncle are childminders, so they are allowed a total of 6 kids at one time. It is £120 a week for Kyles full-time placement with them and he loves. They do new things with them everyday, very physical and educational and since he started the change is undoubtably noticable.

In reply to Helen1234 in regards to nurserys. The nursery I was considering puting kyle into was tailored to meet the parent and child's needs. You were giving a chart and filled in what you wanted him to eat and when. Along with alternatives. The hours in which he was allowed to nap between..it didn't seem all that routine and strict.

i've already posted once on here but hey ho. just read the what kind of mum are you thread and most of us are the go with the flow kind of mums yet i'm surprised at how many people have chosen nurseries, everything and i mean everything is set by the clock, and if your child doesnt eat all their lunch at 12pm thats it till 3pm or whenever theres no snacking here and there or napping here or there cos they cant be i two places at once they get nappy changes at set times and is really regimented, i'm all for routine but for people who say they never go by the book and that children are individuals thats exactly what they do in nurseries.
personally i cant stand nurseries they're at school for long enough as a child but that just my opinion some of my mates swear by them
x

Wow! What kind of nurseries have you looked at? Most nurseries I looked at, including the one I put my LO in follows my schedule. I had to sit with the teachers for 2 hours and talk about her habits/routine/likes/dislikes. They don't make her sleep at a certain time and only feed her what she wants to eat. Every time I drop her off as well, I tell them if her routine has changed. They are very flexible.

Wow! What kind of nurseries have you looked at? Most nurseries I looked at, including the one I put my LO in follows my schedule. I had to sit with the teachers for 2 hours and talk about her habits/routine/likes/dislikes. They don't make her sleep at a certain time and only feed her what she wants to eat. Every time I drop her off as well, I tell them if her routine has changed. They are very flexible.

How do they manage to do that for all the children? My sister is a nursery teacher and at least in her school. what helen has posted is correct.

How do they manage to do that for all the children? My sister is a nursery teacher and at least in her school. what helen has posted is correct.

Staff ratio has to be 3:1 so they should be able to follow a child's schedule. The nursery I put her in is small (only 9 babies at any time) so maybe it's easier. But another nursery I looked at was a large one and they followed the parents' schedules too. I'm not saying all nurseries are like that, but if you look around, you can find them. I don't think that anyone should generalise about nurseries, childminders or nannies here because there are different ones out there. x

My mums gonna be looking after Jack when i go back to work for 2 and half days. Saves me money and she insisted on having him :thumpup:

we juggle it between us x

my mum helps us out to x

I dont agree with helen1234's post really with the nursery we have chosen. The children have the same 3 staff looking after them the whole time and they copy what happens at home as much as possible in all aspects of their daily routine. I dont see how being with a childminder that looks after several children would be much different to what was said above. At least in the nursery if a staff member is ill there are others to cover and I wont be left trying to find childcare at the last minute. Just my my opinion though
absolutely agree. i am COMPLETELY happy with my choice of nursery. if i wasn't, he wouldn't be going...... i work for social services. like to think i'm not a complete idiot or terrible judge of character. i am borderline offended by helen1234's post tbh.

i am borderline offended by helen1234's post tbh.

I see where helen1234 is coming from but i am with you on this one. I have looked into my choice and if it was as regimented as helen suggests then i would never have chosen to leave him there. It is hard enough leaving them so you have to be completely happy with your choice.

th nurseries I have looked at all follow your routine and then at around 18 months they start to to try and introduce a more general routine. This seems fair enough to me. Unfortunaltely all my family works so I have to find childcare, it is absolutely the last thing I want to do

i work part time (25 hrs per week) and ali goes to a local nursery and loves it. i personally wouldn't have sent him to a child minder if i hadn't got a nursery place cos i would have been so worried about things like big dogs in the house, sitting in front of the telly all day, not getting enough attention etc.....the nursery he goes to is fab, and he is really happy there. so i would defo recommend nursery hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->