Child Tax Credit for 2nd child?

clarabella

DH, DD & 2 cats!
Reaction score
Hi,

dh and I get CTC, just the minimum amount, as we are above the minimum ££ and below the maximum ££ threshold. I was just looking online to see what extra (if any) we'd be entitled to when baby no.2 comes along, and unless i'm being stupid, it doesn't look as though you get any extra for more than one child? Is this right? I was under the impression that you got a little extra for subsequent children, and an additional amount for a baby until he/she turns 1. Can anyone tell me what's what. I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Hiyas,

Yes you should be entitled to more and at a slightly higher rate untill baby turns one. Have a go at this online calculator
https://www.entitledto.co.uk/entitlementcalculator.aspx
It might give you an idea as to how much you can get, although I would take it with a pinch of salt.

I find the whole tax credits system a complete nightmare, there is no sure way of knowing how much you are entitled to untill you have made the claim and recieved your award notification, and even then it seems they they can change there mind!:growlmad:

Bit O/T but my O/H has just been put on extended short time at work. For the next couple of months he will be taking home only 50% of his wages. It really couldn't have come at a worse time. We found out the only help we may be able to get it from Tax Credits, but after ringing them up, they will only work out our payments based on last years earnings. When we ring them next April and tell them that our earning have gone down compaired to last year, we will probably get a little help. Trouble is thats 8 months away!

Its a bloody joke!

*Rant over*:blush:

tax credits increase until baby is 1. child benefit i about £18 pw for eldest and about £11 pw for subsequent.

tax credits increase until baby is 1. child benefit i about £18 pw for eldest and about £11 pw for subsequent.

Cheers. CB for child no1 is £20 per week and £13.20 for second child, it's pretty clear cut on internet, just the CTC that's really confusing. Why can they not make it simple to understand!!! :coffee:

Cheers. CB for child no1 is £20 per week and £13.20 for second child, it's pretty clear cut on internet, just the CTC that's really confusing. Why can they not make it simple to understand!!! :coffee:

i knew it was "about" the figures i quoted, i know what i get a month just never worked out the exact amounts. at least i know what that wil be going up by now lil man is here.

tax credits is harder as everyone gets different amounts due to wages/hrs worked, other benefits/income etc. they make everyone upto the same basic level but amounts vary.

my mate has the same number of kids as me, she doesnt work like i dont, her OH works 5hrs a week more than my OH does BUT she get £8 a week more tax credits as her OH earns less per hr than mine does. but when we sat and worked out total income its the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->