childbirth classes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by christmasgift, Apr 20, 2009.

1. christmasgift

christmasgift Well-Known Member

What month are you all going to take the childbirth classes? I am due on September 2 and can't decide if I should take them in June or July. What do you all think?

2. Lorien

Lorien Well-Known Member

I think my midwives recommended taking the course so that it ends not more than two months in advance of delivery, so July would probably be better.

3. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I'm due August 25th and if I take a childbirth class, I will start it in July. It starts at the beginning of the month and lasts for four weeks, so it'll be done long before my due date. I took a childbirth class at about 6 months with my son and I felt it was too early. So I'm waiting until towards the end this time around. I'll also be taking a breastfeeding class the same month.

I'd suggest that you take the childbirth class in July, that way it won't be too ahead of time and it won't be a last minute deal.