Childcare costs

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
I know they will vary but could I be nosy and ask what you pay for fulltime childcare. He's 2 so doesn't get any free hours - could be a nursery or childminder

Trying to weigh up whether having to pay for 2 children would be worth my basic wage
TY!

We don't do full time but Bobby does 3 sessions a week (8am-1pm) and we pay £416 per month xx

this isn't for FT but for 8.30-2.30 x 4 days a week and it's £530ish I think so we pay £5.10 an hour. FT equivalent (8 hrs a day?) would be £285.60 a week, £1237.60 a month.

:)

I don't work FT but for two 9 hour days with a childminder, we pay £50, so FT that would be around £1,000-£1250 a month...

We will be paying £50 a day so £650 a month for 3 days a week. If full time, it would cost us £1300 a month roughly. Hth.

We pay £40 a day.

I didn't realise you can get a percentage of childcare costs reclaimed through tax credits, I only found out on here so rang them up and let them know LO was in childcare and our tax credits have gone up as a result. Had I known about it, it might have been better for us not to have paid for half of the childcare costs with the childcare vouchers as we'll have probably saved more getting money trhough the tax credits (they can't look at any fees paid direct by childcare vouchers so that gets excluded in any of their calcs) - however at least I know we're making the effort by doing the childcare vouchers and not relying so much on government hand outs. How much they pay towards the childcare costs will vary depending on circumstances.

We've worked out, unless money from child tax credit were to go up with 2 in care, I know for us the money I earnt would be going straight into paying for 2 children with not much extra take home. The thing is its difficult to really work out what things like tax credits would give (remember the eligibility decreases next year too) for different situations

Flaming hell!
Just #1 alone would probably cost me my monthly wage, nevermind trying to pay for 2!

How is that supposed to encourage people back to work! I'll be stuck at my saturday job for a good while me thinks!

You'd get tax credits hun. We get £345 a month so 'only' need to pay £200.

I pay around £800 a month for f/t. That's two full days at nursery and 3 full days with a childminder. It's scary how much it all costs, really does make me wonder how people with more than one can afford to work. If we had two in f/t childcare, I'd be working for very little profit.

It's 35 a day and we don't have to pay for christmas week or bank holidays. We are in Somerset.

Harry's nursery charge £38 per day which includes meals, drinks and baby wipes. We have to provide nappies though.

We pay £160 a week-ish for 3 days a week with a childminder (2 8 hour days and 1 11 hour day.)

You'll get tax credits - we get £160 a month which doesn't go far when the bill is about £700 a month, but OH and I are not on particularly low wages, we have high commuting costs though so it is barely worth me working. I think I 'earn' £1.60 an hour from working, once commuting and childcare are taken off.

Ben goes in for 2 full sessions and one morning a week.
Works out at roughly £265 a month. It works out at half my
Months pay and were not entitled to any help.
This fee includes all his food, which I think is very good vfm.
I always wanted Ben to go to nursery so he gets used to mummy not always being there. He is such a friendly out going boy it's worth every penny!

By the way my nursery fees are very cheap in comparison to most in my area, the most expensive I went to see wanted £54 a day!!!!

Ciarans at nursery 3x a week 7:30am till 5pm and this was from when he was 2 till 3years. We paid 378 a month :) xx

The cost for my LO is 180 a week but we pay 122.00 a week as 243.00 of the monthly fee is taken out of my wage before tax (childcare vouchers). We don't get tax credits. My LO goes full time and so does get a discount and if we sent a sibling we would also get a discount for them as well.

It really does depend on where / who you send your LO to. :flower:

I think im really gonna have to look around and see before I decide.
We get WTC/CTC but that goes into the pot with everything else atm, and thats just to get by, not sure if I'll be able to justify it :/

I see mentioned here tax credits.

Do you not still have to be earning below £46,000 to claim tax credits.

Even if you have a child in full-time nursery I dont think you can claim tax credits?:flower:

We pay £600 for 3 days if she went full time it would be just over £1000 but we dont get any tax credits.

I forgot to say in my earlier post (where I said ours charges 35 a day, but doesn't charge for BH or xmas week):

We have to provide nappies, wipes and baby milk; they provide milk after 1 year (if cow's milk), all food and drinks. We pay a little under 300 a month for 2 full days a week.

We are on a household income of about 37k (husband full time, me 23.5 hours) and we are still only entitled to £10 a week tax credits (childcare element); if I don't work (and therefore don't need childcare), our household income is about 23.5k and we still get £10 a week child tax credits. So do check with the hotline before planning what to do with regards to work. If I had 2 in childcare now, I'd only JUST be making more than paying out in childcare.

We get childcare vouchers through my other half's employer (can claim 55 a week - our costs are 70). It makes us 70 a month better off than if we didn't claim them, due to the tax relief on that money. I can't claim them, otherwise I definitely would; it might be worth you looking into whether you can.

We would be on a joint income of about 21k so well within tax credits limits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->