Childcare school holidays?

MrsBop

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Just wondered what you do if you have noone available to look after your school aged child during the school holidays? I'm thinking of getting a little job to try to sort out our dwindling finances but I don't know what to do during the holidays :shrug: Moo would go to nursery whilst I'm at work but they don't take 6 years olds :nope:

Our primary school do a holiday club which lots of parents use. Its from 8am-6pm as far as i know.
However although I am currently unemployed every job I have applied for would leave me with pennies after I'd paid for child-care, travel etc.
Have you thought about searching for registered childmiders in your area? Generally they work out cheaper and of course they have to be checked and trained first.

Good luck x

Try looking at play schemes some if these are closed assess so you can book in advance and they work out quite cheap. Also childminders may have holiday places. Some childminders charge as little as £3 an hour

I would say a childminder would be your best bet. They can also pick up from schools (if they're local) so if you need them during term time they can stay with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->