Childcare Vouchers?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by KX, Feb 7, 2007.

1. KX

KX Well-Known Member

My employer is introducing them in April, blooming Council of a capital city-its took them long enough! :twisted:

Not entirely sure on what they are tho? Anyone else get them? Do u pay for it off ur wages and u dont get taxed on it? :?

When I have 2, they will both be in nursery 2.5 days per week I think :D

2. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Ohhhhhhhh I have never heard of these, but I hope it works in your favour babe, sounds like it could be a good idea! x

3. Helens-Bloke

Helens-Bloke Member

I think you pay for them BEFORE tax.
    And I think your other half can claim as well.

Helen can fill you in on most of the details. (when she is not in bed next) :lol:

4. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Yep they are taken out before tax. They take it out of your wages and give you the vouchers which you just pas on to your nursery. You should be able to access their website (if you know the name of the company) and see if your nursery accepts them.

5. Lauz_1601

Lauz_1601 Well-Known Member

Iv just been reading about these! Im going to to gnvq in childcare and may have to put Ella in a nursery one day a week, they are a good idea, save you money anyway so might aswell go with it!

6. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

Hi

Childcare vouchers are great. You can both buy them and you save tax and NI on them. You can buy up to £55 per week each (£2916 per year). Sadly, that's not per child it's per adult.

If you stick your salary in here http://www.sodexhopass.co.uk/uken/calculator-for-employees.asp
    and how many vouchers you want to buy, you can see how much you can save.

As beanie says check if your nursery will accept the vouchers from the scheme. There are schemes out there that are purely for one particular chain of nursery and others that will allow non-registered child-carers to sign up with them (at no cost to them) to receive the vouchers.

Hope that helps.

H

xx

7. RachieH

RachieH Well-Known Member

I use them, they save me a small fortune! Basically I have the cost of my Childcare deducted from my salary before I pay tax on it. My Employers send the value of this deduction as a Voucher to the Childcare company.

You can get an information pack from here:-
    http://www.leapfrogdaynurseries.co.uk/

8. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

9. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Woo hoo even better :D