Childcare...

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
...Couple of questions

How much do you pay for how many kids (part time/full time) And what do you get for your money??? Things like hours and activities?

I am going to be watching a friends kid while she works. It will be starting as parttime and going to full time after a while. She isn't with the father (bad situation) but he has to pay 75% of the cost which is being taken from his wages. I have no idea what a fair rate is for inhome care. I am also planning on taking him along with my daughter to baby and toddler groups with us.

Any ideas or suggestions?

If I'm in the wrong place please move me. Thanks

Sam goes to day care twice aweek for 6 hours per day
And we pay £42 per week :blush:
he get his breakfast ,snack and lunch. they do all sorts of stuff with sam like take him for walks and also play out side with him x

The nursery we're looking at is £20 a session so £200 a week full time. That includes lunch, snacks and all kinds of activities. Not sure if nappies etc are included. I'm going to phone other places today to get prices but they're not likely to be any cheaper :/

I worked in childcare until I had Jasper... I planned to nanny for someone else soon also.

How old are the bubs?

I think with activities, one really good way to approach it is to watch them while theyre playing and be brainstorming while your playing with them.

For example :

You playing pots and pans with wooden spoons and they're loving it.

So tomorrow you could eithe prepare : some other banging activity, different surfaces, different sticks, maybe make shakers out of things in your house (I made shakers out of bottles that are too small for Jasper and filled them with rice)

OR - if they're interested in the fact their playing with cooking type implements - maybe pretend to cook with uncooked rice, pouring it into different containers and stuff.

Thats just an example of kind of how 1 activity becomes 2... and... then those activities can becme other activities... and.... so they've always got different thigs to play with,and they're based on things you know they already enjoy. Make sense?

If you want anothr other activity ideas, let me know, I'd love to brain storm with you...

... I miss my job... :(

Hannah goes to a nursery 1 full day a week and we pay £30 for this. The price includes snacks, toothbrush but not meals or nappy change items.

They have story time, planned activity time and free time.

I'm a nanny and and I charge £35 a day. I take my kids with me which I love x

Thanks ladies. Our kids are 4/5 months apart, so both pretty little. Thanks for the activities suggestions too. I like how if I watch I can offshoot more activities

my 2 could be in from 730-6pm (there usually in 1130-430 unless im doing a 9-530 shift) an its 141.50 for them both they have meals and snacks and go on outings to library/park walks etc as well as do painting drawing singing dancing.. hundreds of activitys

I take care of kids in my apartment. I have 4 full time kids 5 days a week & 1 child part time/occasional. I have my early childhood education, CPR & first aid, and food handlers course. I charge $35 a day for one family because I have the little boy all day long (830am-530pm) and his sister from 230pm-530pm. (I only charge the $5.00 extra for the older one a day. With just him it would be $30 a day) they supply food, milk, diapers, wipes etc. I give receipts for this family. The other full time family I charge the same (but dont give receipts). The part time/occasional childs mother works in a group home so I charge her differently She is charged $5.00/hour up to 8 hours. 8 hours is $30 and anything longer than 8 hours she pays $5.00/hour extra. So 12 hours would be $50.00. She also doesnt require receipts. Sorry if none of that made sense!! lol

umm sorry but if he is paying 75% of the childcare you would have to be a registered child minder..in which case they charge in my area £5 an hour and then you pay for days out etc or toddler groups etc...they are all crb checked and have first aid training.

obv bear in mind if he is funny (as you said bad situ) he may cause problems with paying for childcare if your not registered maybe have a look into it just in case...

Chloe has always been full time 0745-1715 5 days a week and from 4mth-2yrs I was paying £800-£900 per mth, now shes 2 im about £600-£700, it is sooo expensive and that only includes snacks I have to take in her prepared meals!

They are very good though it is fairly new building specifically designed as a nursery. Chloe has a key worker that keeps a file of her development that i am able to access any time i go in. They have subjects every 2 wks that are both fun and educational. They play outdoors, are taken for walks, get visits from the police, fire service, zoo etc They even have parents evenings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->