Childminder??

lolababes

Reaction score
Before I go ahead and post this I dont want to offend anyone or cause an argument I just want your honest opinions :flower::flower:

I am meeting a childminder on Thursday who will potentially be looking after LO Mon, Tues and Weds mornings 4hr each day thereabouts. I have just found out she is 57. Would you think this is a bit old to leave an 11mth old with??

Before I get slated I my MIL is this age and she is perfectly capable and my grandma is (a very young) 73 and regularly takes my older 2 out. I just wonder if itll be ok IYKWIM :flower:

I am sure she will be absolutely fine. My mum is 55 and works with very young children every day. She does say that she doesn't find it as easy as when she was younger and had lots of energy but she is more than capable of doing the job - she is just a bit more tired at the end of the day.

I think that if this lady is considering taking on an 11 month old, she must feel that she is able to cope. On the flip side to what you are saying, there are many things which an older childminder would be able to bring to the profession which you may not get from a younger woman - think of all those years of experience.

Thank you, thats what I was thinking but had a little niggle lol. I just dont want to go back to work really :haha::haha:

i'd feel better if i was honest about a woman that age having my child instead of a young one (not to cause any offence by saying that) :) experience with age and all that!
as long as the woman is fit and healthy and is a capable childminder i think you'll be fine hun :) x

My mum is about that age and is really active and good with my daughter. I think it depends on the individual person though she is probably quite active because she looks after children for a living so should be ok.

i'd feel better if i was honest about a woman that age having my child instead of a young one (not to cause any offence by saying that) :) experience with age and all that!
as long as the woman is fit and healthy and is a capable childminder i think you'll be fine hun :) x

I never thought of it that way :dohh:

Thanks girls you have put my mind at ease, Im sure she will be just fine with him. Ill update when Ive met her xxx

Hi hun, I agree with the other ladies. However, all you can do is see what you think of her when you meet her and see how she answers your qu's.

She may not be the "one" for you and your lo, but on the other hand she could be perfect. Trust your instincts.

i would go & see her & see how you feel when you meet her :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->