Children and alcohol in their own home

S

sparkswillfly

Please settle a debate for me... my sister says teenagers by law, are allowed to drink alcohol in their own home with their parents permission?

Im not so sure... Im thinking maybe its ok but theres limits? But I have no idea what they might be tho. :shrug:

I thought it was legal for children to drink in their own home if given by their parents from like the age of 5 or something stupid like that.

It is very very young!!

I have never heard that at all. I personally don't think that it should be legal if it is.

Yea i'm pretty sure thats correct:)

It is legal for someone aged over five years old to consume alcohol while being watched by a parent.

I'm pretty sure aswell if you go for a meal in a restaurant then with parents permission you can have beer, porter, wine or sherry, i think the age for that is 14??

EDIT maybe 16??

No, not kidding.

I did a lot of licensing studies as part of my job.

Part of my old work's license stated that children over 5 were allowed alcohol when given by a parent and consuming a meal. It's the current law, but is hopefully being revised soon.

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2008/06/03/38931.aspx

I'm pretty sure aswell if you go for a meal in a restaurant then with parents permission you can have beer, porter, wine or sherry, i think the age for that is 14??

Depends on their license.

it depends on the location and your states laws because in cali drinking is not permitted under the ag of 21. in or out of your own home givein by parents or not..... they can actually get in trouble for giving it to a minor..... now if a minor is drinking in there own home the police would not be able to enter a home with out a reason.......

it depends on the location and your states laws because in cali drinking is not permitted under the ag of 21. in or out of your own home givein by parents or not..... they can actually get in trouble for giving it to a minor..... now if a minor is drinking in there own home the police would not be able to enter a home with out a reason.......

That's the same as in Canada except the age is 19 and 18 in Quebec.

OMG - 5 years old??

Happy 5th Birthday son.......here's a shot of vodka :wacko:

Thats awful - I'd like to think that nobody would ever give their young child alcohol but in this day and age you just don't know.........its so scary :wacko:

OMG - 5 years old??

Thats awful - I'd like to think that nobody would ever give their young child alcohol but in this day and age you just don't know.........its so scary :wacko:

I think it stems back to when parents would give whisky for things like teething, and the attitude of your own home your own business. I think it's just be overlooked tbh, and no one thought to revise it.

yeah shes right also duno if this has already been said but a child over 13 is allowed a glass of wine with a sit down meal with parents in pubs and resturants

OMG - 5 years old??

I think it stems back to when parents would give whisky for things like teething, and the attitude of your own home your own business. I think it's just be overlooked tbh, and no one thought to revise it.

I thought it would have something to do with that........

I suppose its similar to a law in Chester that says a cestrian can shoot a welshman with a longbow if he is within the walls after sunset when the bell chimes..................................

Its a mad overlooked law and nobody would be stupid enough to do such thing.

I suppose its similar to a law in Chester that says a cestrian can shoot a welshman with a longbow if he is within the walls after sunset when the bell chimes..................................

Its a mad overlooked law and nobody would be stupid enough to do such thing.

Haha i love that law, always makes me giggle lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->