chinese medicine and acupuncture

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Hi guys

i am now on my 4th week doing acupuncture and chinese medicine and cannot believe the improvements I have found with my general wellbeing as well as cycle.

I fell upon acupp accidentally as I thought I had bought a 'pamper session' for my Mum and I! serious shock when I actually got here. i had been suffering from terribly erratic cycles since coming of the pill and we discussed this. because of the language barrier I then got the blow that my kidneys weren't working properly. Got me quite worried but realised after reading up online that this is how the chinese track their health based on this.

I was literally astonished to find that issues, illnesses I have had have all been related to my kidney yang deficiency. I have suffered serious period pain since 14 and thats why i was put on the pill initially. since having acc i had no pain last month and have slept soundly (usually have insomnia). my cycles have also reduced from 52 to 34 last month and I am now ovulating for the 2nd month in a row! total relief although I have a fear of needles!!! lol

so interested to know what others experiences of acc and TCM are.

not tried it, but what is the first session like, how do they know what is wrong. I have been thinking about chinese medicine for a while so I might go and have a chat with them

i really enjoy my sessions now as i find them relaxing and I usually sleep for upto 12 hours that night!

the first session they checked my tongue and pulse and just asked a lot of info about my cycle and other symptoms relating to kidney yang deficiency (there are other deficiencies but i think i was a very obvious case).

its definitely worth a try! are you struggling with erratic cycles?

x

i have been making this kidney and liver clearing congee lately. it is 1 cup black rice 6 cups of water cooked with 10 chinese dates and 1/2 cup Longan fruit(shelled),a tbs honey, cook until the rice is tender, garnish with fresh ginger.eat it warm. it is a chinese tradition served to enhance fertility. i am currently living in china so i have easy access to the ingredients but im pretty sure you can find them all at a local international or asian market. plus its really delicious. it says to eat small amounts a few times a day. people here also use royal jelly becuase it is the serum fed to the queen to make her reproduce. also if you want to keep an eye on your kidney chi make sure you are not letting yourself get too cold. evidentally the cold really drains the kidneys and keeps them from healing. i would love to be doing accupuncture again but its rumered they arent that good at cleaning the needles off here. oh well. good luck!

I'm really interested in acupuncture

Can you give me a rough idea of how much it costs in the uk?

i really enjoy my sessions now as i find them relaxing and I usually sleep for upto 12 hours that night!

the first session they checked my tongue and pulse and just asked a lot of info about my cycle and other symptoms relating to kidney yang deficiency (there are other deficiencies but i think i was a very obvious case).

x

hi yeah I had a five week month them a six then a four then a five. I think its should be five, but I was on medication for stress and thats when everything went a bit weird, I think I will have a chat with them see what they say. its something I have always wanted to try but im scared of needles so I dont know how relaxed im going to be lol x

Hi London girl, i pay £35 per session and spend around £10-£20 on the herbs per week.

x

I faint when my bloods are taken so trust me its not as bad as it seems!!! i have gotten used to it now and actualyl quite enjoy it. it only piches when theyre being inserted- you dont really feel them after that! give it a go! xx

x

hi yeah I had a five week month them a six then a four then a five. I think its should be five, but I was on medication for stress and thats when everything went a bit weird, I think I will have a chat with them see what they say. its something I have always wanted to try but im scared of needles so I dont know how relaxed im going to be lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->