Chlamydia! HELP

lozzie27

Reaction score
Hi girls!! So embaressed about this but thought I would post on here for some support as you girls have been great on other threads. Anyway here goes! I had an early m/c last month on the 24th Feb I was five weeks 2 days. Anyway meself and partner are quite nureotic and after the m/c both decided to get tested for stis etc (something we haven't done before) Any how I have just got the results back and have tested positive for Chlamydia! We both have to go to the local GUM clinic tomorrow for anti biotics to clear it up. I have been with my current partner for two and a half years before this my only other sexual partner was my boyfriend of 12 years I suspect I could have picked up the infection from him as he cheated on me several times toward the end of the relationship. So if that is the case I have had it for approx 3 years. I had a laperoscopy and my tubes dye tested last year as my doctor was worried that when she did an interal examination on me she felt scar tissue anyway the results from this operation came back fine tubes were clear and no endomitriosis which is what they suspected.
And another reason I am so upset is that I am due to ovulate Saturday 9th April and I just know that the doctor tommorrow is going to say practice safe sex until we have both had the pill and tested negative so another month of waiting!
So sorry for the long post was just wondering if any of you girls had any advice or experience and do you think this is what caused me to m/c?

Thanks Ladies:cry:

Didn't want to read and run hun - At least now you know, you can get it cleared up and then be in the best health for your baby when he/she comes along. Good luck x

i have had it before but i caught it quite fast after that i always get yet but it can cause infertility and that scared me but its only if turns in to pid (Pelvic inflammatory disease) they give me the tablets and then did not retest so i went few months later cause i was paranoid :D i would wait Hun till next month good luck Hun

I had it, DH didn't. I contracted it by someone who raped me. You may be the carrier, and DH may never get it. I had intercourse all the time with DH and he never got it. He was tested clear. I took medication for it (I had it during my first pregnancy so I had to be clear of it before the baby was born cuz it would've been passed to her as she was coming out of me) and it went away pretty fast. I wouldn't worry. If you wanna wait a month cuz that's what the doc said then alright but I personally don't think you have to. If DH hasn't gotten it yet then he isn't gonna get it now.

WOW THANKS FOR THAT i DIDNT KNOW ONE PERSON CAN HAVE IT AND THE OTHER DOESNT HAVE TO!!! THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES JUST FEEL MEGA FED UP!!!! THINK ONCE I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTORS AND GOT IT SORTED I WILL FEEL BETTER THANKYOU

WOW THANKS FOR THAT i DIDNT KNOW ONE PERSON CAN HAVE IT AND THE OTHER DOESNT HAVE TO!!! THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES JUST FEEL MEGA FED UP!!!! THINK ONCE I HAVE BEEN TO THE DOCTORS AND GOT IT SORTED I WILL FEEL BETTER THANKYOU

You're very welcome hun. Yea, just like with herpes. One person can have it but never give it to the other. They probably would want him to take the meds just so that if he IS to get it, it'll kill it immediately. So maybe that would be a good idea. They did that with DH too. I actually had it 2x in that same pregnancy. When I first found out I was pregnant and then in the end of my pregnancy. I had 2 weeks to get rid of it though cuz it would've been passed to the baby as she entered the vagina and supposedly it would've caused blindness so thank God it was gone before I gave birth. When I first found out about having it I flipped on DH thinking he cheated. I then figured 2 years prior to getting pregnant I was raped and that must've been how I got it. I knew DH didn't cheat. It was just something that stayed in my body. After I got raped I didn't get myself checked out so I didn't know until 2 years later. It can lie dormant in your body for a few years before it comes out. I took care of it right away but it came back again in the end. I haven't had it since though. They say when you're pregnant it comes out more.

G/L to you hun!

i wouuld also wait til next month just to make sure your all clear but good luck ttc :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->