Choosing a pump....

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by joeyjo, Apr 22, 2009.

1. joeyjo

joeyjo Mum to 2boys, growing #3

I know I'm a little early to be thinking of this but I have my reasons.

In Switzerland as far as I can discover we have a much more limited range of pumps available and they appear to be MUCH more expensive. Next week I will be in the UK for the last time before the baby comes so was hoping to choose a breast pump and either buy it then or get my mum to bring it at the end of the month.
    I don't plan on expressing initially although obviously if there are any problems I may have to.

I have already decided to get an electric pump and after a lot of reading I am seriously considering the Medela Swing although obviously it is one of the more expensive home options. My other thought is I will leave it unopened in the packaging and if I don't end up using it I can e-bay it when I am in the UK over Christmas (or maybe even here and make a profit if I can figure out the German!) as they seem to sell for similar prices on e-bay as in shops.

So after that waffle my questions to any BF'ing mums are:
    1.) What pump(s) do you have and are you happy with it/
    2.) Would Mum's with a medlea swing choose it over other pumps they have used?

2. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

if i could have an electric pump i'd have the medela swing :)

i currently have the philips isis and tommie tippie closer to nature pumps both ar manual and do the job

3. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

I would definately reccomend electric breastpump. Manual are fine but after a while I just got too tired to express. (I had manual with my first, Avent Isis, but it was a hard work)

I am now looking either for medela swing or avent isis IQ one.

:hug:

4. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

I have the medela mini pump and i like it. I originally wanted the swing one but i couldn't justify so much money on soemthing i would barely use. The only problem i have with the mini one (and it's only a slight niggle) it's a bit louder than i expected but apart from that suits me just fine.

5. cinnamum

cinnamum Mumof_6_PREG W#7

i have an avent one and it is shhhh. it takes forever to get out milk and leaks more than what goes into the bottle. DONT GET ONE OF THESE! x x x x x

6. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

I started with the Medela Mini and then moved to the Swing. The Swing is great!! I found the mini almost as effective but the swing is quieter and the motor is seperate which I find better :D