Choosing sex

You can make a sex "more likely". If you have sex a few days before ovulation you're more likely to have a girl, because girl sperm can survive for longer. If you have sex after ovulation you're more likely to have a boy because boy sperm swim faster.

However a lot of people don't tell you how much more likely you are to have a boy or a girl. In fact you change you're chances of having one or the other from roughly 50:50 to roughly 55:45. So that's still pretty close to an equal chance of having either a boy or a girl. In other words it works but not very well at all.

The girl sperm can last longer because its more resiliant to the ph level of a womens cm.

A friend of mine who is Doctor told me it was a myth and told me why, I just cant remember...

ooooooooo i like listening to these facts and myths lol x

A friend of mine who is Doctor told me it was a myth and told me why, I just cant remember...

Gah!
That's a bit like telling us a joke but forgetting the punchline!

I wonder how some of the more obscure myths started out.

I'd heard that too, thought it was interesting, even if it's not true lol xx

I have heard it too, but it seems that we have all heard a slightly different version of those myths, so who knows!

Gah!
That's a bit like telling us a joke but forgetting the punchline!

I wonder how some of the more obscure myths started out.

He didn't tell me why it was a myth or where it come from, just why it was not possible to pick the sex. When I see him I will ask him and post it promise :D

But people do spend a lot of money on online books to choose the sex, there are even books where they say they will give you the money back if you don't conceive the gender you want, (obviously there is a trick somewhere so they don't have to give you the money back). I never trust online pdfs available for 100 of dollars... don't ask me why...

well, me and DH had lots of sex and we are having a boy :D xxx

There's also one that says the positions you use can influence the gender. Supposedly deeper penetrating positions like doggy style increases chances of a boy. We didn't know about these when TTC but turns out we practiced a lot of the boy ones and had boy. We also practiced a lot of the girl ones too though.:blush:

It's not a myth, male and female sperm are different and do survive for different times and under different circumstances, the thing is that a woman's chemistry varies so much from woman to woman that is not a one size fits all kind of thing also some men have more male sperm than female sperm and the other way around. Anyways if you want to know more its called shettles method google it and you'll find a lot of info on it.

This is from https://pregnancy.about.com/od/genderselection/a/shettlesmethod.htm

What Science Says About Shettles

In talking to families, it is never hard to find women who claim that the Shettles Method worked for them. This anecdotal evidence is, however, not proof of the success of the Shettles Method. There is plenty of scientific study, not conducted by Shettles, that says that the Shettles Method does not work and there is even some scientific evidence that says not only does it not work, but that it can actually prevent you from getting pregnant.

In 1995, the New England Journal of Medicine researchers proclaimed that, "the timing of sexual intercourse in relation to ovulation has no bearing on the sex of the baby.” There are also studies found in The International Journal of Fertility and the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Dr. Shettles did numerous studies himself and not surprinsingly they were always positive. Though the majority of scientists have not been able to replicate his supposed success in sex selection. One complaint that many families have about the method is that the guidelines are strict and difficult to follow, particularly the abstinence of sexual intercourse and orgasm at various points.

In the end you have to remember that there are only a few ways to nearly guarantee the sex of your baby and they involve a lot of scientific tinkering with your body and the whole conception process. There is not any easy method of sex selection that can be done at home. Most couples I have interviewed who choose to do at home methods say they went into this with the mindset that they were tipping the scales in their favor in one direction or the other. Some were very disappointed, while others were thrilled.

To learn more about the Shettles Method, please see Dr. Shettles book How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby which gives all of the details on his ideas.

i dunno about anyone else but wouldn't you rather leave it to chance? Even if all this was true, i'd still prefer to let mother nature choose lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->