chopping and changing my mind

magicbubble

Reaction score
a while ago i put a thread saying i planned to stay team yellow. well my scan is next week and i think i have completely strayed from what little will power i had in the first place and will find out now.

but if we do i only plan to tell close family to start with. everyone else will have to wait until baby is born to be told :) i want to save some excitement for everyone at least :)

We were going to stay team yellow then we booked a private gender scan at 16 weeks :rofl:

did you just get toooooo tempted aswell heather? :lol: i just get so frustrated when i see little outfits online and cant picture my baby in them because i dont know what im having yet. :D

i had a suprise with my daughter (though i had suspected i was having a girl) but this time around i'd really love to find out!
there seemed to be a lot more choice for unisex clothing all those years ago- now everything seems to be more gender specific, prams, bouncers included.
i think that is what has swayed me to finding out!

Yeah we did we just couldn't wait lol. Plus we have loads of girls clothes to get rid of now!

I agree everything is either pink or blue! I dont want my kid in yellow or brown all day long. I think no matter when you find out it is a surprise. And on birth day no matter what you will have plenty of surprises. I think it is stressing me out more NOT knowing the gender b/c I feel like I cant buy or register for anything!

i had a suprise with my daughter (though i had suspected i was having a girl) but this time around i'd really love to find out!
there seemed to be a lot more choice for unisex clothing all those years ago- now everything seems to be more gender specific, prams, bouncers included.
i think that is what has swayed me to finding out!

thats been half my problem with the clothes. many shops i have looked at have websites where they group clothes by boy or girl and im not keen on half the unisex outfits i have seen. i keep thinking they would be fine on a boy but a girl just wouldnt look like a girl in them lol.

i want my pram/swing etc to be unisex though - just incase we have a little brother or sister for baby :)

I agree everything is either pink or blue! I dont want my kid in yellow or brown all day long. I think no matter when you find out it is a surprise. And on birth day no matter what you will have plenty of surprises. I think it is stressing me out more NOT knowing the gender b/c I feel like I cant buy or register for anything!

totally agree with all of this :)

A part of me thinks it would be nice to wait to find out till the baby is born (but that is a very small part) :haha: I'm the same I need to no so I can buy pink or blue and I want the nursery to be gender specific more so if its a girl I would love a really girly princess room for her my son had a very neutral room it was I love my bear from babies r us and I loved it so if its a boy I may go for something like that again, but iv booked a gender scan and find out in 1week 6days!! And I can't wait its going to drag!!! Good luck to u xx

A also agree about the neutral clothes I was going to buy an outfit the other day after my 12week scan but my oh was like "would u really put a baby girl in that?" And when I thought about it there is no way I'd put a girl in it however I would prob put a boy in it, so I'm not buying any clothes until we no the sex xx

A part of me thinks it would be nice to wait to find out till the baby is born (but that is a very small part) :haha: I'm the same I need to no so I can buy pink or blue and I want the nursery to be gender specific more so if its a girl I would love a really girly princess room for her my son had a very neutral room it was I love my bear from babies r us and I loved it so if its a boy I may go for something like that again, but iv booked a gender scan and find out in 1week 6days!! And I can't wait its going to drag!!! Good luck to u xx

good luck to you too :) 1 week, 1 day - cant wait!!!!

im going to an nct nearly new sale on saturday so that should help break the time down a bit until the scan. in some ways 5 weeks since my last scan seems to have flown by but in terms of finding out boy or girl its gone sooo slowly :lol:

Yes I no what u mean I always new I would find out as soon as I could iv been waiting for this since starting to try for a baby again! So since september and it just feels like forever now lol be glad when I no and can start the nursery and buying clothes I thinkk it will help the time pass! Xx

i think it will help time pass too. when are you going to start your nursery? husband has to go away in may (all the stuff to do with libya) so i dont think we will start it till he gets back. aaages away :( might have a 4d scan while we wait. that might break the time up till then aswell. i think key is to make little goals or events to look forward too at regular intervals :)

Ooh how exciting having the scan coming up :D

I had a surprise with my first son as they didn't tell you then. My OH wanted to find out as they tell you now and I was apprehensive and worried it would 'spoil the surprise' I can can wholeheartedly assure you it does not! It was a very special moment and I almost popped with excitement when she told us (I knew anyway ;))
I love saying "he's being a wriggle bum today" :D

We're 100% team yellow. I dont think either or are better, theyre both just as exciting to learn youre having a son or daughter. We have been on team blue then team pink so for our last baby we would love to experience what team yellow is like. its hard, so hard, dread to think what it will be like having a scan knowing you can find out but not! I for one like the whites, but I dont really need to buy very much anyway so its nice to have a few fresh looking things and have plenty of time to take our new baby shopping for some clothes :cloud9: its all too exciting.

Good luck with your gender scans :) x

thanks hayley :) i like white too. infact i think i would like to get lots of white things. but i just would like to get a few gender specific clothes too :) i want to picture what my baby might look like in dungarees, or in frilly summer dresses. i just dont know which one to think :lol:

I'm not sure when we will start the nursery to be honest my OH is a painter and decorator so he will do most it but I think we will prob just do bits and bats so its not a huge rush to get it all finished I'm thinking I may wait until after my 20week scan just to be 100% sure it is a boy or a girl... And sorry ur OH has to go away that's crap! But he will be bk before u no it! Xx

We changed our mind a few days before our scan! lol
I don't know if i wish i'd waited, apart of me keeps thinking 'but what if they're wrong?' lol and OH won't pay for private scan because he's 100% certain she's a girl!!

Still hasn't stopped me going girl-y shopping :D

We found out but as far as everyone knows, minus a good friend of mine because i simply HAD to tell someone, we didn't find out, so it will even be a surprise for our parents :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->