Christening and God Parents

Lil_Apple

Mummy to 3 Beautiful Boys
Reaction score
Who is planning on having LO christened? :flower:

I myself am not overly religious but my husband is Christian and I totally support him in his faith and we plan to educate our children with the Christian faith.

I was wondering howsoon after birth people have planned for the Christening and how many God parent per child they are having? (We will be Christening our 2 yr old son at the same time)

I am planning on baptizing my daughter as soon as i can. (I'm Roman Catholic) I have to take like 3 baptismal classes. My bebe will have one Godfather and one Godmother. The Godfather is my brother in law and I want my cousin to be the Godmother but idk if she'll be able to make it to where i live. If she can't then i am going to have my older sister as Godmother.

i am due 23rd of march, and I plan to have my son christened in august, and he will be having 2 Godparents

We are thinking about it. My husband and I are both religious people, we just don't go to church. Occassionally we join my aunt's family at their country church, I've known the pastor there for about 10 years, so if we have the baby christened, then it will be by him. Christened or not we will raise a religious child.

We dub godparents here christened or not, but I have too many people to choose from, lol. So basically if anything ever happened to my husband and I, the baby would go to my parents first. If my parents aren't around then, the baby will go to the one of my siblings who has a safe place to live, steady job, etc. =]
My parents were proud of that decision, lol.

we are one godmother one godfather (his sister my uncle)

Ill be having a christening for my little girl, im not exactly religious neither is my OH, but we want to get this done so our baby can have her own choice about what she wants when shes older.
My little sister, whos 4, will be getting christened at the same time aswell :) xx

We had Abigail chrsitened at about 6 months old. She has two godmothers and one godfather. As we are RC one of the godparents had to be Catholic, but the others did not.

Also Baybeemama, one of the godmothers could not come to the chrsitening as she was aborad at the time, but she could still be a godparent. It was a shame she couldn't be there but I really wanted her as the godmother so we just had to nominate a 'stand in' for her on the day, so even if your cousin can't make it to the service, she can still be a godparent if you choose.

I would like to give each of my boys 2 god mothers and 1 godfather only really because we have too many to chose form I hope its ok x

we are not religious really but again would like our daughter to have the options when she is older so we will get her christened when she is about 6 months old. We'd like her to have 3 godparents - 1 godfather and 2 godmothers as thats what we both have - no idea who they will be yet tho as i want to make sure we make the right choices for her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->