Christening celebration - help!

Clarabubs

Reaction score
Our girls are being baptised at the end of this month. As they are not tiny babies (18 months and 3 yrs), we wanted to have a little party afterwards with friends and family. It's turned into a fairly large party in terms of numbers (around 50/60 adults and 20 kids!) and as our house is fairly small, we decided to hire the function room in a local pub and put on a buffet.

I haven't been at a Christening in years and the last one I was at just had a party at their house afterwards. I don't want a big extravaganza - it will be over by 4pm so I don't want people thinking they are out for the night. But there will be a lot of kids there so I'm not sure how much I need to organise! We weren't planning on getting a DJ or anything (feels a bit much) - but were going to take an iPod and some speakers. One of my family members does balloons and flowers for events so she has offered to do a wee balloon display/arch for over the cake. But I'm not sure if I should be looking at more decorations or entertainment for the kids etc. But then it starts to sound more like a big party or a wedding, which I don't really want! I was planning on just putting some loose balloons on the floor, putting out sweets for the kids (next to the buffet) and playing the iPod. Does that sound enough?

Anyone planned this kind of thing or been to a Christening lately? Was there entertainment of any kind? Would appreciate any tips and your thoughts on my plans as I'm a total novice! :wacko:

Thanks! :)

How about putting a table with some colouring books and crayons.etc just to keep them occupied if they want it? Xx

How about putting a table with some colouring books and crayons.etc just to keep them occupied if they want it? Xx

Thanks this sounds like a good idea! I've got one of those 'Elefun' games where they've got to catch the butterflies coming out of the elephant's trunk - I might take that along too. x

For 20 kids I would try to do some party games to keep them amused.
Pass the parcel,
Musical chairs,
Musical statues,

The prizes don't need to be much. I'm sure they will all turn up with some toys of their own too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->