christening

You dont have to pay for the church or chaple but you can make a donation on the day x
Then we just went out for a meal
You dont av to be christened im not but they could do you at the same time if you want x

well when my nephew's were christened, at the church there was just a collection at the end. then my sister just paid for a dinner for everyone at a place nearby. so if that is something similar to what you want to do, then i'd work out how many people are going and then ring round some places you'd like to go an ask for prices on a function room or something.

and like the other person said i dont think you would have to get christened unless you wanted to.

hope this made sense and helps.

like the others said. you dont pay for church just a donation bucket at the end.
we hired a function room at a local social club so had to pay for the room, buffet and cake

alex's christening is in 4 weeks time. i've just paid £80 for a cake, £70 for his outfit and we're having a buffet and bbq at a local pub, that's costing £5 a head but the room hire is free.

The is no charge for a christening. It's nice to make a donation though and hopefully your guests will make one too as they leave.

my dads a vicar, and for christenings he usually suggests an amount because obviously, the church needs to be reserved but its never that much and you dont HAVE to pay but most people do.. that just him and in this area though, every church is different x

ouch £80 for a cake?????

id have thought that churches charge for ceremonies....one near my parents house charges entry on non ceremony occaisions! how bad is that? but then again i not looked into it as mine arent getting done. so if christenings are free why do registry offices charge for naming ceremonies? my local one is :Fees currently stand at £43 for a ceremony at the Register Office or £130 for a ceremony at approved premises. (Fees vaid until 31/3/2009.) ouchy.

80 for a cakes not bad lol

my church does it free
with the sunday service
and theres a collection
at the end ... but anyone
can come in from the public

any other day and they
ask for a reserve donation
because they have to kick
the regulars out lol

xx​

ok im a tight yorkshire gal... :) im envisioning about a 10inch iced fruit cake with a bit of writing n a lil christening related figurey thing on it.... hopefully you're gettin more than that! lol. if not, i think im in the wrong job! lol.

we have 120 people coming so it's a big two tiered cake - quite like our wedding cake really but baby themed, it's not too bad we're having a joint christening with my sister's little girl

ive just gone ridiculously over the top...

they wanted £250 for the cake but i managed to find someone who doesnt do it full time and has done it as a favour for £60....his outfit has cost £50 mine has cost £80 BUT i have paid £24 a head for food at a really nice place and we have 50 people coming lol

its all about what you want and what you can afford!

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->