Christian Women Waitin on Babies (CWWOB)

Tigger Momma

Reaction score
This group will be about women or men who are stepping out on faith and asking god for what they want (babies, or anything else). Everyone is welcome to post and respond on how they excersized their faith. I look forward to meeting more people

I was watching the pastor Joel Osteen on TV and he was talking about faith and the different "ingredients" to getting what you ask for, (within reason of course) The "ingredients" are
1. Praying
2. Showing god in an obvious way that you are serious about what you are asking for.

He said that God is not moved by what we ask for but he is moved by how we ask. He gave an extrordinary example that I will share that made me understand

He said when he and his siblings were young, his little sister was about 5 and asked to go with their dad to work and he said, "I have alot to do today, maybe tomorrow, or in a few days because I will be really busy" The daughter ran to her room and dressed as fast as she could as if she didnt even hear her father's answer. The daughter heard the backdoor open so she knew that her father was about to leave and ran fully dressed to meet her father with tears streaming down her face. The father saw this and it softened his heart, not because of her tears and pouting but because she was dressed and ready to go reguardless of what he said, She made sure she was ready to go. She made her request known. He gave another moving example about how his dad needed a bigger church but they only had 20,000 and that was only enough to build the foundation. His dad recived a suggestion from someone to go right ahead and build the foundation and pray to god for the money and he will make it happen and not too long later, the church was built in full all paid off. He said that we need to step out on our faith besides just praying (asking) Sooooooo I did more than just ask for a baby
wait for it..........wait for it............wait for it.........I bought my first baby items.................. I would like to be preggo within the next few months so I figure I'll be having a summer baby and I bought 2 really cute summer outfits and a pair of newborn sandals...........I felt kinda stupid BUT...........I know that I must show god what I want and go that extra mile. I actually took it a step further and bought Girly clothes I dont know if that is asking too much or if a girl is even in god's plans but that's what I want and I figured "gotta be specific" (side note......... I think Ive used that blushing emotiocon enough for 3 posts.............)

We'll post what weve done to step out on faith and if weve gotten what we asked for yet and how were coping in the mean time............I think it would be healthy for us...

Well DH and I have been TTC for a few months now. Your post really moved me. I have been praying and praying but I think God wants more.

See, DH and I haven't told anyone that we are TTC. I think God wants me to let it be known. I believe that he feels that this could be my testimony. How could people see how he answered my prayers, if no one knows what I've been praying for.

I hope this all makes sense.

I also watch Joel Osteen... I really like his messages as they are always so positive and I can relate them to my life.

I have a son who is 3 years old and we got pregnant after TTC only 1 month. At the time I had no idea what I was getting myself into and my SIL ended up being 2 weeks ahead of me. I was so frustrated with the whole senerio but a few months later my MIL fell very ill and passed away. We have a very large, close family and I know that God put these children on earth to fulfill something for my MIL.

So then it came time to TTC for #2 and I was getting really frustrated by not falling pregnant right away. It ended up taking us 10 months. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I know that God was asking us to wait but I did not know why. Shortly before we became pregnant 2 other girls in my family fell pregnant. One of which has been TTC for 7 years and ended up using a suragot. Both are first babies for the 2 girls. I now know why God wanted me to wait. These girls need their time, just as I had my time with our first.

Everybody keeps asking us what we want to have this time. Last time I was super disappointed we were having a boy (I wouldnt change anything now but it was hard becasue I had my heart set on a girl). I just know that God will give us what we are supposed to have. He knows what we are capable of doing and handeling.

Well DH and I have been TTC for a few months now. Your post really moved me. I have been praying and praying but I think God wants more.

See, DH and I haven't told anyone that we are TTC. I think God wants me to let it be known. I believe that he feels that this could be my testimony. How could people see how he answered my prayers, if no one knows what I've been praying for.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks for posting, I really mean it. I think having a testimony is one of the most important reasons for the trials we go through. Not many people understand the woes of TTC. People think that it can just happen, but it cant for many people. I have shared the fact that we are TTC to my family allready cause I got tired of people asking when we would have kids. My family is very supportive and they listen when I need them too. Pastor Joel's message really opened my eyes and I knew that if I needed to hear it than many other people in my position would need to hear it too. Plus I think this group will be good for people TTC'ing from the god angle.

I also watch Joel Osteen... I really like his messages as they are always so positive and I can relate them to my life.

I have a son who is 3 years old and we got pregnant after TTC only 1 month. At the time I had no idea what I was getting myself into and my SIL ended up being 2 weeks ahead of me. I was so frustrated with the whole senerio but a few months later my MIL fell very ill and passed away. We have a very large, close family and I know that God put these children on earth to fulfill something for my MIL.

So then it came time to TTC for #2 and I was getting really frustrated by not falling pregnant right away. It ended up taking us 10 months. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I know that God was asking us to wait but I did not know why. Shortly before we became pregnant 2 other girls in my family fell pregnant. One of which has been TTC for 7 years and ended up using a suragot. Both are first babies for the 2 girls. I now know why God wanted me to wait. These girls need their time, just as I had my time with our first.

Everybody keeps asking us what we want to have this time. Last time I was super disappointed we were having a boy (I wouldnt change anything now but it was hard becasue I had my heart set on a girl). I just know that God will give us what we are supposed to have. He knows what we are capable of doing and handeling.

Yes I understand, It is very tough to hear from god that it is not yet time. Sometimes, I have a tough time understanding if god is saying "not right now" or "you haven't "shown" your faith enough"............Hopefully in one of these posts I'll learn something new and post it. Until then Im reading up on posts from Joyce meyer's web site. She has alot of subjects that I can read about.

OK.............Question???

have you or could you see yourself buying baby items before you have a baby as a way of stepping out in faith??? Do you think that this would increase your faith?

I told my husband I did it and he's cool with it. Neither of us are into the scripture as we should be. I am more into seeking god then he is but he's also the type of person that if we found a good church that matched the both of us, he would be totally into it. He didnt think I was stupid or anything for it and he understood why I did it. I think that he may have felt a little different when I had shown him what I bought as opposed to just presenting the idea to him. I think that even though he understood, I may have weirded him out a bit.. Honestly I felt really really odd when I bought them home but I know that your emotions aren't always in line with your faith. Hey, thats the whole point isnt it??? To step out of yourself!!!

OK.............Question???

have you or could you see yourself buying baby items before you have a baby as a way of stepping out in faith??? Do you think that this would increase your faith?

I told my husband I did it and he's cool with it. Neither of us are into the scripture as we should be. I am more into seeking god then he is but he's also the type of person that if we found a good church that matched the both of us, he would be totally into it. He didnt think I was stupid or anything for it and he understood why I did it. I think that he may have felt a little different when I had shown him what I bought as opposed to just presenting the idea to him. I think that even though he understood, I may have weirded him out a bit.. Honestly I felt really really odd when I bought them home but I know that your emotions aren't always in line with your faith. Hey, thats the whole point isnt it??? To step out of yourself!!!

Before I had my son I didnt buy anything. I was pretty nieve in my faith and myself. When we started to TTC with this baby I bought a few things but never really looked at it like stepping out in faith. I looked at it like a really good sale. TBH

I believe when we pray for things God will give us 1 of 3 answers. Yes, No, Wait. I read this very impowering deviotional when I was TTC. I will have to look for it but here is the gist...
I was so over the top about why I wasnt getting pregnant, went on clomid for 1 month, wanted ultrasounds to ensure of ovulations dates, I WANT IT NOW. Then one day I was sitting in my room watching my son take a nap and felt the need to pick up this book and read it. I turned to a page from Nov devotionals and read it. It said that when you put your faith in God, God will answer your prayers. God is all knowing so becasue you dont get your answer this month (like pregnant) he will ask you to wait. Waiting patiently shows God your maturity with the Holy Spirit.

I wanted a baby shortly after my MIL passed away but I knew that it was inappropriate to ask this of my husband. So I prayed for God open his heart and heal him. About 2 years after MIL death we started to TTC and I am not going to lie, I was very impatient... as I stated above. After reading the devotional (at that point we had been TTC for 6 months) I decided to put it all in Gods hands. I forced myself not to worry about it. All my firends told me that I should be getting fertility treatment and I refused to accept that answer. I trust and know that God has bigger and better plans for us. He just wanted us to wait and I am so happy things are they way they are.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1.

Yes I understand, It is very tough to hear from god that it is not yet time. Sometimes, I have a tough time understanding if god is saying "not right now" or "you haven't "shown" your faith enough"............Hopefully in one of these posts I'll learn something new and post it. Until then Im reading up on posts from Joyce meyer's web site. She has alot of subjects that I can read about.

I might would look at this like... God may be saying Wait. But as you are waiting, deepen your faith. DOnt get discouraged. We do not know what the future holds.

Believe me when I say my life/family has been through the ringer... 4 family deaths, 3 divorces, 1 marriage, my parents/in-laws moved 2000 miles away. All of this within the last 2 years. Without God my marriage would have suffered, granted I have no more friends as the focus was on my family for such a long time, but I am blessed with what I know now. I am closer to my family then I have ever been and I feel like I could face almost anything.

Had I gotton pregnant during the past few years when I wanted to, I could not have been strong for my husband. God protects us and wants nothing but the best for us. Put your faith/trust in God.

That is very very true............I think im gonna go home and watch some joel osteen on youtube before I pass off into lala land.............

I'm not TTC, so hope you girls don't mind a quick post from me. Just wanted to say what a nice idea this thread is :) I'm Scottish Protestant (though most of my family are Irish)

My faith is what has got me through a lot of difficult times.

I hope you all get you BFPs soon :dust:

^^
I am not TTC either. I currently belong to the Catholic church but grew up Penecostal. I rather think of religion as a way of life/frame of mine then a particular group.

Oh and if anyone has an iPod, I listen to the Liquid Church podcasts. Absolutely fantastic. They covered love and marriage recently and they were lovely, modern tellings of the bible. You can search in the podcast bit for Liquid Church, and their website is here:

https://www.liquidchurch.com/

They also have a FB group :)

I'm not TTC, so hope you girls don't mind a quick post from me. Just wanted to say what a nice idea this thread is :) I'm Scottish Protestant (though most of my family are Irish)

My faith is what has got me through a lot of difficult times.

I hope you all get you BFPs soon :dust:

Nope we dont mind at all...........We can talk about anythying here!!! I'm TTC and that is my main area where I am exersizing faith right now but if you have other areas or testimonies on how you exersized faith, please tell us your story. I think it would help so many people because when your in a rut you always think your the only one but you really arent:hug:

Oh and if anyone has an iPod, I listen to the Liquid Church podcasts. Absolutely fantastic. They covered love and marriage recently and they were lovely, modern tellings of the bible. You can search in the podcast bit for Liquid Church, and their website is here:

Thanks, I have an IPOD and I'd love to listen.........especially about love and marriage... Thanks a bunch....

and everyone, it doesn't matter what religion you are to me, as long as you wanna talk about how god has helped you, wether your into church or not. And if youve got questions, feel free to ask, cause I know I'll have some questions to ask people. In my personal, opinion I dont think god cares what religion you are. As long as you do what you know best. I think god gives everyone of us a plan for life and all of them may not be the same.

Thanks, I have an IPOD and I'd love to listen.........especially about love and marriage... Thanks a bunch....

and everyone, it doesn't matter what religion you are to me, as long as you wanna talk about how god has helped you, wether your into church or not. And if youve got questions, feel free to ask, cause I know I'll have some questions to ask people. In my personal, opinion I dont think god cares what religion you are. As long as you do what you know best. I think god gives everyone of us a plan for life and all of them may not be the same.

I agree completely.

Do you think its wrong? Do you know scriptures to back it up. Do you have and weird experinces that proved to you that it is wrong. What are your thought on ANY types of Divination??? I'll start. Im on the fence about it. Ive been taught that its wrong but I dont really understand why......anyone know???

I looked it up and this is what I found...

The attitude of the Bible toward divination is on the whole distinctly hostile and is fairly represented by Deuteronomy 18:10, where the prophet of God is contrasted with diviners of all kinds as the only authorized medium of supernatural revelation

Personally... I dont know what to believe. I have not done too much research on it.

Could you explain a little more about it? I guess that is something I have never studied or read about.

I'm really not that knowledgable on the divination subject. All I've been really taught is "its Bad" and the bible says no but no real explanation like you get with other sins.........Im gonna go look it up on bible gateway and post some passages to explain why its bad. Im more so referring to things like puija boards. Ill get right back to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->