• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Christmas and indulgences? Is one baileys allowed?

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
I have been an extremely good girl all pregnancy but i saw the baileys mini bottles (the ones which serve a portion of baileys) in the supermarket and got to wondering if it would be ok for me to have one on christmas day?

Theyre 1.2 units of alcohol per portion....the nhs says no more than 2 units twice and week. This will be a one off because its a special occasion - what do you think??

I am sure it will be fine ;) I might even treat myself to a small glass...xx

I'll be treating myself to a small glass of wine with dinner on xmas day - and possibly a lil bit of baileys in eggnog on christmas eve :)

I'll be having bucks fizz on xmas day, i'm sure baileys will be fine! x

it ll be fine, i plan on having a glass of wine with my meal.

hehe great minds think alike - I have two miniatures of baileys in the cupboard - one for christmas day and one for NY eve - yum yum.

my only dilema is how to have it - over ice or in a mug of proper coffee xxxxx

Ahh me too Ummmmmmmm I normally have a glass when we are wrapping the kids pressies - Wont be this year But I will have one with my christmas dinner :) xx

I don't normally drink so I won't be having any, but I'm sure health-wise and safety-wise for the baby you're completely okay having one baileys at xmas!!

I wont cause i will feel too guilty, i managed without any last xmas so can do without this xmas. Enjoy... :) xxx

I'm having a glass of wine(with lemonade) and a small bailieys after my presents..well a little dash in my coffee i've not drank all pregnancy except before i found out where i had two cams! X

it will be fine hun, i will be having a white wine with my meal as i have done with my other two who i was pregnant with over xmas as well lol xxx

Im sure one or 2 wont hurt hun :) I havnt drank at all threw my pregnancy.I dont think il bother having one on xmas day.xx

Have it! Nothing wrong with a treat especially as it's Christmas :)

I was going to have a glass of rose mixed with cranberry juice with my christmas meal. Is this ok?

Ill be having one baileys over ice and some cava with my dinner and I am not worrying too much about it!

I've had a few already over the past 3/4 weeks - very very small measures mind. I'm hoping the baby will just come out with a taste for creamy loveliness and take even better to the breast...

I'll be treating myself to a small glass of wine with dinner on xmas day - and possibly a lil bit of baileys in eggnog on christmas eve :)

we dont have eggnog over here - what is it??

I am sooooo craving baileys, I might have to give in over xmas!

we dont have eggnog over here - what is it??

Wiki says - Eggnog is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg; alcoholic versions also exist with the addition of various liquors, such as brandy, rum, whiskey, advocaat and/or Baileys Irish Cream.

Eggnog is a popular drink throughout the United States and Canada, and is usually associated with winter celebrations such as Christmas and New Year. Commercially, non-alcoholic eggnog is available around Christmas time and during the winter.

------

Sounds gross personally but hey. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"