Christmas and indulgences? Is one baileys allowed?

I had a glass of red with dinner on Sunday, OH's birthday. I'm sure 1 will be ok x

It'll be fine - enjoy!

I am planning a wee glass of bubbly myself!

we dont have eggnog over here - what is it??

No eggnog!!! :nope: I could never live there. I can't wait till the holiday season every year and they start selling it in the stores.

I plan to have a glass of wine or something for both Christmas and New Years.

No eggnog in NZ either. :wacko:

For anyone outside US/Canada that wants to try eggnog, it's easy to make: https://www.eggnogrecipe.net/

im sure that will be ok:D ill be having a glass of wine at some point!xx

i'll be having my baileys hot chocolate on Christmas eve, might get a glass of wine or champane on christmas day and definatly having a glass of champane on new years day

its excessive drinking thats bad not the odd tipple

it will be fine!! enjoy it!!

last couple of weeks i've been treating myself to a capful of baileys, (ie/ the baileys bottle cap) in my hot chocolate with marshmallows one night a week. it's devine!!!

Il b having 1 or 2 ova ice i dont c any harm

i havent drunk once in this pregnancy. Not on my hen night wedding day or honeymoon.
I dont really want to drink over xmas but i am craving my yearly baileys with ice and am so fed up now that i think i might just have one glass.
xxx

im sure it will be fine :)
i feel to guilty, im 5 days overdue, and i really want a glass of baileys, but i cnt do it lol
it was my birthday and i rly wanted a glass of champagne (my OH bought me a bottle as it was the day after my due date) and iyts still in the fridge grrr

I'm having a glass of wine and a baileys on Christmas day! I've been very good all the way through and had probably 10 glasses of wine in total all the way through. Becks blue is very good if you're a lager fan and it's totally alcohol free so I'll be stocking up on those :)

I'm having a glass of wine and a baileys on Christmas day! I've been very good all the way through and had probably 10 glasses of wine in total all the way through. Becks blue is very good if you're a lager fan and it's totally alcohol free so I'll be stocking up on those :)

I was going to suggest the same, Becks is 0.0% alcohol but gives you the 'taste' so you feel like your indulging. I'm straight edge so I have it even when not pregnant at parties and what not :)

Gosh, I wouldn't think twice about it...had a few of those mini bottles myself over the past few months (not all at once!). Personally, I don't see any problem in having the odd drink every now and again (1 or 2 units, once or twice a week), it's excessive drinking that's the problem. However, I understand many people prefer not to drink at all. I've never been a big drinker and have only had a few small glasses of wine or so since I found out I was pregnant but I certainly haven't felt anxious or worried about these occasional tipples. I say have it and enjoy it!

i like the eggnog reciepy up to the beaten egg.....??

Yes, good point--gotta be careful on that one. There's raw recipes and "cooked" recipes on there. I think it's meringue powder that the non-raw-egg ones use. :thumbup:

i like the eggnog reciepy up to the beaten egg.....??

Yes, good point--gotta be careful on that one. There's raw recipes and "cooked" recipes on there. I think it's meringue powder that the non-raw-egg ones use. :thumbup:

Truthfully, I don't think anyone (except the tv foodies) makes eggnog. I think most like me buy it at the store where everything including the eggs are pasturized before sale - it is the highlight of the season. I use it in my -decaf-coffee instead of cream!

i havent drunk once in this pregnancy. Not on my hen night wedding day or honeymoon.
I dont really want to drink over xmas but i am craving my yearly baileys with ice and am so fed up now that i think i might just have one glass.
xxx

It will be a lovely treat once the baby is born though :o)

i wont bother because we will be spending christmas with my SIL and when she was pregnant she said she couldnt even have a sip of wine on holiday in France. So she would just be really mean if I had any. I love Baileys though so i am just waiting and will have some cold and ready for me when I am ready after the birth :)

You will be fine to have one though. Just be sure there are no jerks around who will judge you, you dont need a guilt trip

I think that would be okay... I usually have a drink on christmas too but i felt guilty having a shandy on my 18th! So i doubt ill have any

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->