Christmas babies and peoples unwanted opinions

Lucy3

Reaction score
Why is it that people (usually strangers) like to tell me how AWFUL it's going to be for our little girl be born on December 28 and how she'll never have a real birthday etc? I have to have a c section this time and it's most likely going to be scheduled for just after Christmas. I usually say 'well too late now, not much I can do about it!' The comments upset me. We will make a huge fuss of her birthday and probably go overboard! I think it's quite special having a Christmas baby. Anyone else getting the same annoying comments? 🎄🎁

I'm due on 6th Dec and a lot of people have said 'ooh...bit close to Christmas' ??!! Then proceed to tell me about a friends uncles sisters cat who has a birthday then and hates it :/ I then say 'well, I'm 26 Nov and it's never caused me any problems?!' People always have something to say about EVERYTHING! Even those that have never been pregnant! Ooh I can feel my blood pressure rising!

Hey! I'm due on Christmas Day but as unpredictable as pregnancy can be, I'm not expecting my daughter to be born on that day. If I'm honest, a little part of me hopes that I won't go on Christmas Day so I can spend it with my other daughter but if it happens, it happens. I really don't get the big deal though, so what if our babies come around Christmas...doesn't mean we won't celebrate their birthdays as much as we would any other time of the year!!

I'm due on 6th Dec and a lot of people have said 'ooh...bit close to Christmas' ??!! Then proceed to tell me about a friends uncles sisters cat who has a birthday then and hates it :/ I then say 'well, I'm 26 Nov and it's never caused me any problems?!' People always have something to say about EVERYTHING! Even those that have never been pregnant! Ooh I can feel my blood pressure rising!

Haha yes!! Last night I had some random older man tell me his friends cousins brother was born the 24th - or was it the 26th? (Like I really cared!) and how he just HATED it. Made out it basically ruined his life and he never got presents etc. my DH was there and he could tell I was getting angry and was all 'I know! Yes!' To this annoying man. Argh! I walked away in a huff.

I am due Christmas day. And the only person so far to make any sort of comment about it was my mother. Other people are all "OMG SO COOL!" and yesterday my friend's daughter told me that having my baby on Christmas day would make the day "extra special"

I think it's lovely to be due around Christmas it's like all the decorations etc is just for bubs

I hate when people say that!! I'm due Jan 9th and even I get 'let's hope it's not born on Christmas day' comments :dohh:

Personally, I love Christmas and think it's such a lovely, magical time of year, so I couldn't care less if baby turned up on that date or not.

Ds2 is Boxing Day. He was due the 13th! I can't understand the comments we make the best of what we're given. Boxing Day is not Boxing Day in this house, it's ds2 birthday

Our first was born December 17th and she has always had a great birthday AND Christmas. I agree with previous posters that Christmas is a great and special time of year and you're baby is lucky to have a birthday so close to Christmas! Our second one on the way is due November 20th and it never crossed my mind that it was a bad thing to have a birthday so close to the holidays. I've noticed it's a lot of older people that say something negative about a holiday birthday, so maybe it was just bad in their day but that doesn't mean anything for you. Enjoy it and forget what people say!

One of my best friends in college had her birthday between Christmas & new year. She loved it! Parties galore, everyone was off work/college so we could all go out loads & it was a very special time of year where everyone could find time to spend with her. Plus - we could all get really dressed up & we weren't out of place iyswim? It was fab :)

Ignore strangers - they have something to say about every month! Mine was a July baby & loads of people tell me he'll struggle in school because he'll be young. Really?? He's 2 months old & you predict he will struggle in four years time??! My four year old was a feb baby and people tell me how hard is is to plan parties in the winter because they can't play outside. Urgh!! Makes me want to tell people to butt out!!!

Enjoy the last months of your pregnancies & your lucky Christmas babies :)

I had my DD at 38w3d and I'm hoping our little boy will make his arrival around the same time which would be between the 25th and new years. I would love to have a Christmas/New Year's baby :)

I was born Dec. 13th, so I'm right before Christmas and even being 24, soon to be 25, we still celebrate my birthday :) As long as baby is healthy when he/she arrives, what does the day matter.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

I'm due 28th December and without fail, I'm told "Oooo you might have him on Christmas Day". I've kind of learnt to ignore it to be honest. I don't care when he arrives as long as he arrives safely and he'll still have a great birthday as well as Christmas because it will be marked just as much as Christmas Day.

Im due 11th December but 2 of my babies were a week overdue so I have a feeling this Baby will be overdue to so looking at around 18th December if anything like others lol I would personally like my baby to come late November or early December BUT as long as my baby is born safe and healthy then I don't care what day it arrives on, my 2 cousins were born one on Christmas Eve and one on New Year's Eve, they never had a problem with it, and at least there are plenty of parties for them to attend around their birthdays!

Thank you so much for the positive comments everyone! 😀 I feel so much better about my little girls future birthdays. I think because of the time of year no one will forget it and she'll get extra presents! It will be great to have family around too. I agree, it's a special time of year and perhaps in the 'olden days' it meant a forgotten birthday as the older folks do seem to be the ones who have the most negative things to say.
cheers to all the lucky festive babies! 🎄🎁🎉🎂

my son was due 28th December 2010 and I heard this alllll the way through, just tell them their birthday will be celebrated just as any other child's would. we were blessed with our sons arrival on 26th after going into labour Christmas Day and he has an amazing birthday, every year he has something to look forward to right after Christmas and our family always go to parties Boxing Day and now we have a tea party for him
too, and he loves it, he's 5 this year and I don't think he would rather have his birthday at any other time 😊

Some people can be very negative, my nephew is turning 7 on 14th December and we always make a big deal for his bday and presents.

My daughters birthday is a few days before Christmas and we all love it! It makes no difference to how much we spoil her on her birthday that Xmas is close and I love that it also has the extra festive feel!

Our DS is due 23rd Dec and after two miscarriages people can get stuffed with their opinions. We will just be lucky to have another healthy little boy whenever he is born! Some people seriously dont think about what theyre saying at all, even when they know our situation x

I am getting exactly the same (only we are the 29th).

She will come when she comes and although I'd obviously prefer that she didn't arrive on the 25th we will deal with it if she does.

My birthday is 13th Dec and my mum always gave me a great birthday and Christmas. I never felt like I missed out. My only gripe was that my birthday was in winter and I wanted a birthday in the summer.
My little one is due 11th jan and I also get the xmas and new year comment but I'm happy with my due date because like a pp I lost two babies before this one. Also I now live in nz so my birthday and Christmas is summer lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->