Christmas babies and peoples unwanted opinions

I think a Christmas baby is really special and would love my next to be one! People need to mind their own business

Dd1s birthday is the 13th Dec and to me its her birthday and she doesn't get anything less just because its next to Christmas she has a birthday party every year too, Ds will be born 21st Dec and again he won't be treated different just because of when his birthday is

When strangers make comments I tell them that dd1 birthday is in December and she get a party every year

My oldest's birthday is 19th December so yes we've heard all the comments lol ;) I save through the year for both occasions and make them totally separate (ie no Xmas paper for birthday presents, hate when people do that!) I don't want her to feel like she drew the 'short straw' out of her siblings in terms of her birthday month so I do the same as I would if it was any other month :)

I was going to skip ttc the month of December birth to begin with, then us though ahh screw it we'd make it special. I think you just have to roll with it, if you always make it special they'll grow up loving it. I do know people that don't like 'Christmas' birthdays which is a shame.
My two nieces share a bday, they love it so far, sharing a special day with a sister!

I've had a couple of negative annoying comments about being due in December.
Makes me wanna throat jab them lmao.

Usually people going on about birthdays at Christmas ect i just tell them our kids birthdays are made special and they are spoiled no matter what month their birthdays fall on. have had some other comments about having 4 and this one being another girl (3 girls 1 boy)

i'd probs get comments on the name too, cos some people feel the need to annoy pregnant women with their negative unwanted comments.x

I used to think it would be a big deal to have a baby in or around Christmas but really it isn't. My Bil bday is the 27th and his parents just make it separate and special. I'm only going to be 35 weeks around Christmas but if I happened to go early then so be it. As long as baby is healthy!

People are so annoying lol i have a sister on the 4th of dec and brother on the next day the 5th. They never missed out :) don't worry too much x

Our baby girl is due Christmas day.
Most of the comments I have are "how lovely!" type comments, but yeah I do get the occasional "oh she's going to hate you!"

The worst one I had was a colleague who said "I can't think of anything worse!" To which my answer was "war? Famine? Stepping on a lego brick? After three years trying she can have whatever bloody birthday she wants!"

Oh and don't get me started on the "she won't come then" people. That annoys me as well.

We have had some comments saying the best christmas present ect.

I can't wait Christmas is my favourite time of the year and it's so exiting and magical having your baby then well i think so.

my OH has his b'day Dec 24th.
he gets a b'day present. I also get him xmas pressies as they are two different celebrations. it does NOT ruin anything, it is difficult to get a good card, yes, at that time of year.

however it is so magical and romantic with everything twinkling and everyone is more or less in a good mood at that time of year.

it has ruined xmas eve for ME (not really!! :winkwink:) as I now cannot have a xmas eve as it is his birthday (used to have a tradition of watching Muppets xmas carol with my mum every xmas eve but we can't as xmas eve doesn't exist, only OH's birthday, lol!!)

the best bit? all going to a family meal at a restaurant/ pub on xmas eve and we all start singing 'happy birthday' to OH. the utter confusion from the rest of the diners is priceless. We always get a freebie of some sorts too (dessert/ drink/ something) as a result. lol.

:hugs:

My baby is due 29th December and most people usually say 'ooooh' and then make some comment about it being a bit close to Christmas.
One midwife said that it was bad planning!

How dare you plan so horribly bev!

I'm kind of anxious to have a baby so close to Christmas. I'm terribly worried about others treating him differently and getting the, "birthday/Christmas" present in one gift. I have quite a bit of anxiety towards my children getting treated differently though.

As for people's comments, I have had mostly comments about how nice it would be to have a Christmas baby.

I went into labour on Christmas Day and if I'm totally honest I would prefer not to have a Christmas Day baby, but any other day was fine. As for people buying joint gifts... That is a big faux pas in my opinion!!

I feel a little bad for those due in Feb, as I think the 'oh no it's a leap year, hope it doesn't come on the 29th' comments will be worse than the Christmas day ones.

Lol I had the same in February 2012 with my daughter and everyone hoping she didn't arrive on the 29th as she was due at the beginning of March.

Lol my due date is 29th Feb!! I'd love if he/she arrived on that day as I think it'd be a good 'quirk' to grow up with being a leap year baby :) my girls were both late though so I'm pretty sure this one will follow suit ;)

My birthday is december 28th! I've never hated it lol. Get to see family on christmas, boxing day, my birthday! Its great :D x

My bday is January 4th and it sucks lol sorry to be a downer but I always hated my bday because 1. I always got joining gifts 2. The weather always sucked which made going out next to impossible when I was older 3. Everyone was all parties out and fed up from Xmas and New Years to celebrate my bday 4. Most ppl are sick with the flu as its flu season in Canada around then. However I feel as though any time before Xmas is more fun bc everyone is super psyched and ready to party :) I have a daughter born in July and everyone is always away on her bday! We can't win! There will be an issue with practically any date.... Every bday is unique in its own way xx

My mom is the 26th and I'm the 27th.

I'm not a huge birthday person so it's not a big deal to me. If your kid is raised to be greedy and selfish on their birthday they might have a problem sharing the limelight with Christmas festivities. But we've never had a problem with it.

I'm due December 29th this time around, my son was born May 8th on Mother's Day which was incredible.. This LO is half Filipino and my fiance's whole family is hoping for a Christmas baby because they are considered good luck, people even give them money.. Usually if anyone else says anything about him being a Christmas baby I just say we will have to have a separate party before or after : ). My birthday is in the summer so everyone was out of town, I didn't get to celebrate at school, but I had amazing outdoor parties which was cool for whoever could show up. Like PPs have said, every birthday has perks and negatives.. I didn't exactly plan an addition to our family based on due date, hehhe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->