Christmas babies and peoples unwanted opinions

I'm due 20th Dec and get a lot of comments about him getting 1 present for both occasions. To me Christmas is the best time of the year ! The smells, sounds, lights !!! Also he'll never have school on his birthday ! I would love to have my birthday around Christmas !

My mom is the 26th and I'm the 27th.

I'm not a huge birthday person so it's not a big deal to me. If your kid is raised to be greedy and selfish on their birthday they might have a problem sharing the limelight with Christmas festivities. But we've never had a problem with it.

Enjoying your birthday and wanting it celebrated is greedy and selfish?!

Our family is full of xmassy birthdays! OH Dec 28, Grandpa Dec 30 & myself Jan 03. We find that at the end of these happy days, we are so looking forward to a good detox! We celebrate hard and LONG and OFTEN. But nobody is working & everyone is there to enjoy with us!

I'm due 20th Dec and get a lot of comments about him getting 1 present for both occasions. To me Christmas is the best time of the year ! The smells, sounds, lights !!! Also he'll never have school on his birthday ! I would love to have my birthday around Christmas !

I agree!

I'm due Xmas eve, we have a lot of birthdays in December. My mum, OH, grandad, SIL and a few cousins and everyone has a lovely time and doesn't feel like their birthday is forgotten in the festivities.

I've had a lot of people mention and comment on my due date but it doesn't bother me. I do hope he's not a Christmas Day baby but if he is then he will still feel like it's his own day we will just have to mix up how we do things.

X

We have lots of end of the year birthdays in my family. Sophies the 7th if November, I'm the 26th, Thomas is the 1st of December, MIL is the 9th, my grandma is the 16th, my brother is the 18th and my cousin is the 29th.

I think my grandma is the only one who disliked her birthday close to Christmas, as her elderly relatives made such a big deal out of it when she was a kid.

My OH's birthday is Boxing Day and his sister is Dec 24! Clearly his parents only had sex once a year! :haha:

It is not too bad, only thing is that people are often away or busy that time of year so friends are not always around for a party. But we always do something nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->