Christmas babies....thoughts

kitkez

Reaction score
Hi. So as with everyone else here I'm hoping for my BFP this month. But how does everyone feel about potential Christmas babies? If I do catch I would due approx a week before Christmas.

I'm slightly worried that being so close to Christmas it will take away from the child having there birthday so soon to Christmas. Does anyone have children with birthdays so close. Does it bother them? Does it make either day less special?

I know it's a silly thing to worry about :haha: but I can't help it. I worry about the silliest things

X

My sister's birthday is 23rd of December and my husband's Boxing Day. My husband always says he isn't fussed about his birthday but we always make a fuss of him, obviously. My sister always celebrates her birthday and people always remember. It's sometimes awkward for money because Christmas is so expensive, more so when you have a larger family, so when birthdays land immediately before or after it can be awkward financially! But obviously you can make provisions for this.
I would love to have a Christmas baby, I think it would add to the excitement :)

Yeah I agree. If I'm lucky enough to be pregnant Christmas this year would be beyond exciting. And I'm bad enough normally haha. Thanks for the reply x

I was worrying about this but tbh now i'm just really hoping we caught it this month! How many days post ov are you?

I would be so excited to have a Christmas baby! IF we get lucky this cycle, my due date would be Christmas day :D
O day for me today

My birthday's on December 28th, three days after Christmas and my parents always did a really good job of separating the two. I have to say I would rather have a birthday after Christmas than before. As a child, when everybody else was kind of sad about Christmas being over, I knew I still had my birthday to look forward to in a few days! Maybe if you do have a baby right before Christmas you could designate a day after Christmas to actually celebrate the birthday, like the 28th or the 29th. If you do that from the time the child is little that's all they'll know, and it'll be like they have two birthdays! Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon. :)

This I just the conversation I was having my my dh, my birthday 13th December I hate it always had and I've always said I wouldn't like my child to be born in December and funny enough if our ivf work it will be due on the 13th.
It's always been something I've hated just because my experience you get half the presents because it's an expensive month ( I'm not being ungrateful here and it's all about the thought) then you can't reallly have a party because everyone is busy with work parties, also the people who say to you oh sorry I forgot it was your birthday so I've spent a it more on your Christmas present to make up for it! Makes me so mad ....

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's had these thoughts. Vickster that's exactly how I'm feeling now and I'm symptom spotting like mad. Swear i feel my boobs every hour to see if they're getting sensitive lol. I'm 6dpo today (i think) I would be due about the 18th I fee catch this month.

Good to hear other people's opinions so thanks for the replies. I've not really spoken to my oh about it as were not trying, and he doesn't feel like he wants to get pregnant right now. But he's not stopping it. We got condoms and they didn't last one time haha. The issue for him is I miscarried in January. I was 15 weeks. We opted for an autopsy and are still waiting for the results. He wants to properly try once we have that. However we did bd the day before my expected ov and I had bad cramps on the day of my expected ov so you never know.

Oh wow Danielle. What a coincidence that would be. Sorry you always had bad feelings about your birthday. What you've explained would be my worry. Id rather be 2 weeks late and have the birthday after Christmas lol. Good look. Wishing you your bfp

Good luck to everyone x

I've always hated the thought of having a christmas baby and when me and my partner started this journey i even proposed that if we didnt catch by now we would pospone trying for a few months to avoid December and January. However after trying for 5 months i just want the :bfp:

My little brother whos 8 now is a boxing day baby and I remember him being upset around his 4th birthday becuase he felt sad he couldbt have a party on his birthday like the others at nursery and that his birthday wasnt just his as it already had a name...

That broke my heart no 4 year olf should feel there birthday isnt special. My family always do as much as they can but he cant celebrate with his friends etc.. it does affect him a little bit i guess it matters less the older you get though.

Ah what a shame for your brother Sasha, I didn't even consider the whole seeing there friends on their birthdays issue. We've not done parties for them yet. Might be our first one this year for my eldests 7th. I hope it works out for everybody in the end.

I totally understand what you mean. I was always adamant I didn't want a Christmas baby. My 2 boys have there birthdays 3 months before and after. I was hoping to have a June baby to put the birthday right in the middle. Our angel baby had been due 7th July which was almost perfect. I'd hoped to catch straight away after our loss. This is my 3rd cycle now and I just feel desperate for that bfp too.

Fingers crossed for you xx

December is the only month I really have strong feelings about. I don't want a Christmas baby or a baby born at the end of the year...

But that being said, this TTC journey has gone on long enough for me and at this point I will admit that I will take anything. December may not be my first choice but I would still be thrilled to get my BFP.

Chocolate chip: in the same boat it's been too long for us too, Dh doesn't mind he says it would be happy for a December baby then that month is extra special and we scouts jusfvahs a party in the summer ... doesn't have to be for the child's birthday but a celebration... I don't think he gets it... it's just a birthday for him ...

Glad its not just me, I am doubley avoiding ttc this month and next probably because of xmas, for me its more to do with getting xmas ready for the rest of the family with a massive belly and the aches and pains that goes with it which is probably the only thing stopping me ttc atm, even though i really should be done with babies now:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->