Christmas Decorations ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I have heard a few times people saying they change their Christmas Decorations to match the decor of their sitting/living room, I have also seen a few people that change their decorations every year.

So my question is do you ?? do you change your decorations to match your decor or do you buy new ones every year ??

I dont change my decs to match my decor and I dont buy new ones every year, I may add to them every year but I certainly dont change them all every year. I have decorations that are 13/14 years old and some that are only 7/8 months old. I like to sit and tell Dan and Dec when and where I got the older Decs and what sentiment they hold, for example I have a few bits that where bought the year Dan was born, a few the year we married, a few the year Dec was born ect. ect.

I dont think I could bring myself to change them, they hold so many memories and sentiment, it is like my Decs are what make Christmas, Christmas iykwim. :flower:

yer sabby im the same as you!
ive only had our own christmas 5 years but i cant bear to get rid of them!!
i add every single year coz nearly every bauble has a story!
theres first xmas's and baubles weve let the kids picked themselves and baubles weve picked out on days outs and this year we'll have decs that taylors made at school to go up!
our decs are red gold and green and always have but weve now got oddments on the tree like mia and taylor picked snowball baubles last year and the year before that he picked snowmen and father christmas baubles

Ours are all mixed & matched & we have special ones too. I was going to buy new this year to match my new front room decor but decided I love my tree as it is so will just choose a couple of new ones x

Mine are all from over the years :)
the oldest one I have is 9 years old.

oh and im keeping my tree.
its the first tree i ever bought 5 years ago from pound stretcher 6FT for £8.99!! :haha:

i changed my tree this year because last years one was too thin. but apart from that i dont change my decs just add to them. and none of them mach my decor i just buy the bits i love xx

my decs have stayed the same since our 1st xmas living together with OH :) i dont think id be able to get rid, we both love them, they dont match the decor but they do match our xmas theme which is red, pink, gold and bronze. we did change our tree the year before last as our 1st tree was a slim black 1 and we wanted a big bushy green 1 :) we added more decs when we bought this tree but only a few, last year the tree was covered in homemade salt dough decs that faith had made so with them on and probably the hundreds more she will make then we probably wont be able to see our tree! i have little ornaments and stuff like that which is years old, from when i was little and i loved it som much that my mum gave it to me when i moved out, i think xmas is made with all these memories too, but i would love to go out each year and buy it all new as it is very exciting lol! xx

we just add to them, it makes it that bit more special that way because they have more memorys 2 them :) xxx

I love looking at my Decs and remembering where and when I got them, makes me feel all fuzzy inside !!! lol I have 3 little candles that are 13 years old, they were only 99p for the 3, I have never lit them and I can remember the day I bought them, Dan was only 10 months old, it was Nov 1998 and I was putting up my decorations in my own home for the first time ever :cloud9:

well i only put baubles on our tree with lights and a star on the top............so every year from the age of 2 i have asked my daughter what colour baubles she would like on the tree,
we have had multi coloured, pink and white, purple and silver, red and gold so far and i cant remember what i bought the two years previous to that lol.......i must admit i liked the red and gold colour scheme best so think i am going to stick to those... but i now want to start buying nicer decorations each year including my chidlren choosing/making some to and keep them and use them every year ...as reading the posts on the threads i really like the fact that your tree decorations have meaning and it makes it so much more special.
i dont and never have matched my decorations to my house decor though x

We've had to buy a new tree this year as last years was knackered so we binned it x

I had all new decorations last year, bronze and gold baubles but i fancy red and gold this year so going shopping tomorrow to buy some red stuff!! I dont do it to match the decor or anything though x

we have a black christmas tree, we bought it last year because black trees seemed 2 of been in then lol xxx

We have a total mish mash of colour and decrations, we are the home of tack! Multicoloured lights and baubles to match... maybe if we only stuck to two colours we would feel the need to change them more frequently but as it looks like an explosion in a tinsel factory anyway we don't lol xXx

We have a total mish mash of colour and decrations, we are the home of tack! Multicoloured lights and baubles to match... maybe if we only stuck to two colours we would feel the need to change them more frequently but as it looks like an explosion in a tinsel factory anyway we don't lol xXx

Love this, I love tack the bigger and brighter the better :thumbup: Thats what Christmas is all about :happydance::happydance:

None of mine have memories! its only our second xmas having our own home, but i do have 1st xmas etc decs that go on the tree, i will change me colours every 2 years... but i will continue to put on the 1st xmas decs... (iykwim!) any colours would match my living room as its just cream/black/silver...
x

No. I only buy green, gold or red decs and I get quite expensive ones so I use them year after year :)

i am starting to collect them im having red and white for the 2nd yr running because it looked gorge

I have an eclectic christmas tree, its a miss mach of everything. Last year is the first time i have ever bought any decorations & i only bought those because it was Alfie's first christmas, the rest have all been given to me. I have stuff on there from my first christmas & some stuff even older than me lol.

I have 3 christmas trees up in the loft & i've never used one, they have all been given to me as well. we normally have a real tree but we atr getting one from the loft this year as i think it will be a bit safer for Alfie. I'm making the OH get them all down so i can see which one is best lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"