christmas dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
really need some help planning the xmas dinner, this is my first one and i am cooking for 9 people eek! so far i am planning to do:

roast turkey
i think mil is bringing some beef
roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and garlic
stuffing
yorkshire puddings
sprouts
broccoli cheese
mashed turnip

then have gravy and cranberry sauce on the side

not sure what else i need to get in? other side things? i am lost hahaha, also if ive forgotten anything from the main dinner please tell me haha

:flower:

x

I dont think you have missed anything from the "traditional" list.

It sounds yummy...!!

Can't see what you've missed to be honest, i think it's all down to just what you want :hugs:

Enjoy it! :D I'm looking forward to mine :lol:

Yay Ellie, was going to post the same question!

I'm having gammon (ham) too pricked with cloves, because my Granny always used to do that. Also bread sauce. Think I have to call her for recipes.

Can't think of anything else for the main course

I'm so nervous. My inlaws turn their nose up at any English food (apparently we all just eat pies and chips for breakfast, lunch and supper) and my MIL likes to criticize....

Oh well, Sofia will appreciate it :)

haha thats what im hanging onto!! i know i make a good roast and paul loves them and leyla loves them but when i go to mils house for roast its all frozen roast potatoes and crappy meat and frozen peas :dohh: they still wont like mine out of principle lmfao

x

am i going to get shouted at now

i dont like pigs in blankets

*hides*

LOL

x

omg SACRILAGE!!!!!lol i LOVE pigs in blankets!!LOL sounds like you have it all sorted hun :) enjoy! *whispers* and tell the MIL etc to feck orf! :hugs:

haha the weird thing is i like sausages and i like bacon, and i even like eating them together in a fry up, just dont like them as pigs in blankets, think i secretly worry the sausage wont be cooked and i'll get salmonella and die!!! LOL

x

we usually just have the little sausages on their own as a side extra if you want them! and we also have cauliflour and broccoli in the cheese sauce instead of just the broccoli. :)

just normal shops! Like food shops, But you could maybe get some nice ones from the butchers? Just in Asda tesco etc, we just have them sitting in a little dish cos we all love them but also dont like the bacon around them, so no point! We also have yourshire puddings.....

We're having:

Ham
Prime Rib
Mashed Potatoes
Yams with marshmallows
Stuffed Artichokes (absolutely LOVE them)

Not sure what else MIL is making.

Here it is....I'm not a fan of it at all but DH loves it.

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/prairielady_/yams.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back