Christmas Eve church service with 6 month old.

channy3232

Reaction score
So my husband said he was talking to his mom today and she said she wants us to go to Christmas Eve church service with her and my FIL. My husband said to her the concern would be if Rocco would behave. She said if he gets fussy, we could just take him to the nursery. Ok. I don't want to go. Rocco is a good baby but he's starting to get to that age where he's not liking strangers, all he wants to do is get down and play or stand on my lap and bounce, etc. In other words, he doesn't sit still. We don't go to church so it won't be a familiar place.
And I just feel like if we go, I'm just going to be sentenced to an hour in a room while everyone else is in the service. What's the point?? Why don't I just stay home with him? You know what I mean? And I can clearly remember my MIL complaining about a screaming baby at a church service last year. I don't want to be "those people" who everyone stares at because their kid is crying, or just generally making noise. I told my husband I don't want to go. I don't know what he's going to tell his mom.
Maybe if Rocco was a tiny baby where he slept all the time. Or older where he understands you're supposed to be quiet in a church. But like I said, he's at that age where he just wants to squirm and play and "talk"

Hmmm... tough call. If you're just going to be uncomfortable with the situation, then don't go. What's the point in going to church if you're not going to get anything out of it. I'm going to take Bella to church that night though. If she's gets a little fussy, I can just walk around in the back with her. She'll be quiet that way, and I can still hear the service. :)

I take J to church every so often and he loves the organ and the singing. He stands up in my lap and chatters away too. Our minister loves having kids in the church though and everyone thinks he's hysterical when he starts with the raspberries or chattering. I do the same as DolceBella too and walk around with him if necessary.

I suppose it depends on how welcoming people would be and understanding about crying or fussing a little. Also, if it's not that important to you to go then maybe don't bother.

If you feel that you're going to be uncomfortable, may not want to force yourself then.

Most people in a church are generally understanding. Babies will be babies. They cry, they talk, they shuffle around.

We've taken our little guy with us each week since he was born and seems to enjoy the music and the organ as well. We've found that he'll usually want some food while we're there but hey, they need to eat too. :)

Harvey likes the music at church too. I've taken him with me about 10 times and only had to take him out once. If you're going to be uncomfortable with it though then I'd say don't go. Or you could compromise and let LO go with Gran and Grandad while you and your OH enjoy some baby-free time.

Edit: Our church has a children's mass at Christmas too which is always pretty noisy as it's a lot to expect kids to sit for an hour without making a sound. That might make you a bit more comfortable.

when we take Liam we sit at the back with his favourite tambourine toy, we obviously have milk on standby, he loves looking at the windows and we have a few biscuits to hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->