Christmas Eve plans

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I can't believe it's Christmas eve already!

What does everyone have planned for today? :xmas6:

We have had North Pole breakfast we are going to put festive music on once it’s acceptable haha! The kids have activity books and I have last min tidying to do then later we will have a takeaway and watch the polar express. the kids have new bath bombs to use too and we will do our usual reindeer dust/leave bits out for Santa

It's CHRISTMAS EVE....how did that happen.

Was woken up at 7am to 'The Elves have gone'

We are having a lazy breakfast of mini cereal boxes and crumpets...going to make a Nutella Christmas tree as well.

Some light tidying also. I may take them for a little drive to look at lights.

We were planning to cook Christmas dinner today but we made so much stew yesterday we have enough for today. So will do the turkey tomorrow and lamb Saturday.

Woooppp !!
My girls didn’t get up until 8:30am!! They are super excited now !!

We are going to have a cooked English breakfast , watch some movies and play games!

The children have their Xmas eve boxes to open so they have a few things to do in their ! Let’s hope baking the cookies goes well !!

I also have a last few gifts to wrap !!

We've made Christmas tree cookies.

Later on they will put a mince pie and milk out for Santa and carrots for his reindeer.

Once they are asleep I will sneak the presents downstairs!

Well my two fussy eaters didn't like the Nutella tree. Something about Christmas time ruins their appetite. They don't want to eat anything !

Here's ours. Meant to be Christmas trees 1608805219585_plus_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Id have ANYTHING with Nutella, no matter what it would it look like lol

We are going to deliver a Panettone to Sebby's godfather, then get a McD take away. I will then do a bit of cleaning and in the evening we will most likely watch Home Alone. Nick is making a nice meal as well but we are not sure yet whether we want lamb or ham, we have both lol.

Looks lovely! I made one of those trees too for North Pole breakfast my two demolished it but they love Nutella haha!

The biscuits look delicious! Well done

I think we are going to get McDonald’s too for tea either McDonald’s or dominos or maybe Italians

My kids are so excited today.
MIL announced she wanted to do Xmas Eve boxes this year so I’ve let her. But rio woke up this morning asking why Santa hadn’t sent “supply crates” this year with new pyjamas etc in. I had to say I wasn’t sure and explain that due to the new 1 day restriction Santa must only be doing present drops.
so MIL is going to say she did them one because Santa couldn’t. Couldn’t pretend that Santa left it at the in laws as it contains things from our own business (stuff your own Xmas bear and our sweet cones) so he would know. Plus she hasn’t put new Xmas Eve pyjamas in which I’m miffed about!

Anyway that turned into a rant :haha:

We’re having a relaxing morning making Christmas paper chains with Christmas music on. This afternoon we will go to the in laws for pork cobs roast potatoes and mulled wine then home early to get the boys ready for bed.
(though I know we shouldn’t really go until tomorrow, I have to put Rio first and for us it would cause him distress that we really don’t want over Christmas if we didn’t stick to as many traditions as we safely can)

They usually love Nutella! Driving me mad with their fussyness!

My kids are so excited today.
MIL announced she wanted to do Xmas Eve boxes this year so I’ve let her. But rio woke up this morning asking why Santa hadn’t sent “supply crates” this year with new pyjamas etc in. I had to say I wasn’t sure and explain that due to the new 1 day restriction Santa must only be doing present drops.
so MIL is going to say she did them one because Santa couldn’t. Couldn’t pretend that Santa left it at the in laws as it contains things from our own business (stuff your own Xmas bear and our sweet cones) so he would know. Plus she hasn’t put new Xmas Eve pyjamas in which I’m miffed about!

Anyway that turned into a rant :haha:

We’re having a relaxing morning making Christmas paper chains with Christmas music on. This afternoon we will go to the in laws for pork cobs roast potatoes and mulled wine then home early to get the boys ready for bed.
(though I know we shouldn’t really go until tomorrow, I have to put Rio first and for us it would cause him distress that we really don’t want over Christmas if we didn’t stick to as many traditions as we safely can)

Aww bless him. Its so hard explaining why we can't see people like we normally would. Hope he's okay and you have a good evening x

We've had a little tidy, made some penguin decorations dd was given for her birthday and dd and dh have made banoffee pie for tomorrow. Xmas eve box and walk round the houses to look at lights in a little bit-just waiting for the ham to cook. Leaving bits out for santa and bed for dd then some fizz and stocking filling for me and dh. Can't believe it's come round so quickly.

Rant alert!

My MIL and SIL just came here to exchange presents which is lovely and SO kind.
But MIL brought us a ton of food, among that a whole chicken, a large portion of liver and bacon (only Nick likes that!!!), a portion of keftedes and vegetables, all still warm. She is so kind and I am sure she means well but WHY would she do that?? Did she think we had no food planned for today or so little that we need a whole feast on top of what ever we have? So now we are having the chicken tonight IF OH will still feel hungry after a McD lunch and the portion of bacon and liver he is consuming as we speak. Cause yeah, Christmas Eve dinner with his family has to be optional, right? :growlmad:

Dh and ds3 dressed up and brought pjs, a book, a board game and a gift each. We've got a table groaning under the weight of buffet food.
Later the boys will all bath/shower then we will have hot chocolate and watch a film then Christmas stories in bed for the middle 2

Screenshot_20201224-145443_Gallery.jpg

Finished work at 1. Did last minute pick ups and going to bake brownies and cupcakes later on. Play a couple of board games and potentially watch a film. Wrap the remainder of DD2's presents and prepare beef in the slow cooker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->