Christmas Food

c1403

Reaction score
Not talking about your Christmas dinner but other go to foods you MUST have over Christmas.

What are they? When do you buy them?

The Asda food book arrived today and OMG so many lovely things. I always seem to wait until end of December other wise we eat it all. Then come Christmas when we can actually eat it we never get through it.

On my list are:
Cheese and Crackers
Frozen party/Buffet bits
Sweets/chocolate/Biscuits
Crisps/Nibbles
Mince pies/Gingerbread biscuits
Crumpets/Muffins
Ice cream /Lollys

These food books make me just want to eat everything [-X

Terry's chocolate orange
Crackers
Stollen
Crisps, nuts, bombay mix etc

We will buy them early December. We always say not to eat them until Christmas and then we end up with loads left as there's just too much food over Christmas, a maybe we will start earlier this year! :)

Food talk is my favourite lol!

For us we always have terrys chocolate orange, ferrero rocher, crackers and various cheeses (always wensleydale and cranberry/apricot for me mmmm), antipasti meat platters, nuts, not food but port - never buy it any other time of the year, german spiced biscuits dont know their name.. ooh i cant think, ill update!!

We always have a tub of celebrations and hero’s
The obligatory tubes of Pringles that get replaced 50 times
Tortillas and dips
Mince pies
Nut mix
Turkish delight thins and after eights
Sugared almonds but I never seem to find them anywhere these days we always had them out as a kid
Shortbread Scottie dogs from sainsburys
Cheese, crackers, chutneys etc
I feel like from Christmas to new year I don’t actually ‘cook’ haha it’s usually picky teas

Haha one thing not on my list is Terry's choc orange....I hate orange choc.

Love ferrrero rocher, celebrations, Cadbury choc biscuits, shortbread, twiglets, pretzels, cheese ( baked camembert,brie, Wensleydale mmmm)

Can't wait to start stocking up then eating it mmmm

We always have a tub of celebrations and hero’s
The obligatory tubes of Pringles that get replaced 50 times
Tortillas and dips
Mince pies
Nut mix
Turkish delight thins and after eights
Sugared almonds but I never seem to find them anywhere these days we always had them out as a kid
Shortbread Scottie dogs from sainsburys
Cheese, crackers, chutneys etc
I feel like from Christmas to new year I don’t actually ‘cook’ haha it’s usually picky teas

Oooh yes after eights. DH loves those.

My nan loves sugared almonds. Definitely takes me back to Christmas as a kid

Oooh yes after eights. DH loves those.

My nan loves sugared almonds. Definitely takes me back to Christmas as a kid

I want to get an after eight hot choc from Costa but never have the time to pop there, I think it’s still open for takeaway.

deffo a grandparent thing my nan loved them.
one Christmas thing I crave is cocoa covered almonds, my aunt would bring them from USA when she visited at Christmas time and omg they were delicious and she would bring chocolate covered ones too.

Cheese and crackers
Roses/quality street
Chocolate orange
Match makers

Mint matchmakers
Orange and lemon jelly slices
Both essential from my childhood along with a cinzano and lemonade
Tubs of treeslets/twiglets/mini cheddars
Cheese and crackers
Those little cheese crackers in different shapes
Red cabbage/pickled onions
Since my dd I get the m and s musical biscuit tin-dh used to make shortbread but never have the time
Choc orange for me from dh and I get him these charcoal crackers for cheese which I think are grim!
Have already got it all in-only eaten one big bag of crisps so doing well!
We also only have port at Xmas.

Isn't it funny the things that you can buy all year round but only actually buy at Christmas

Smoked salmon and egg (poached or scrambled) on a muffin or other nice bread for brunch.
Creamed cheese and fresh chives for my nieces.
New year is our big time for a big cheese platter.

I forgot after eights!
My mil buys me a cone of caramelised almonds every year and I don’t have the heart to tell her I’m not actually very fond of them!

I took to making candied chestnuts for gifts a few years ago, was about 2 years in when my friends said thank you, the jar is lovely, do you know I don't like chestnuts?! (Relief, they took hours to make properly) I now stuck to the homemade Irish cream, no one tells me they don't like it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->