Christmas List - Fearing Too Early

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
So, my mother is most excited as this is my first. I have Christmas and my Birthday coming up...yet won't hit the "safe" date until right around Christmas. I'll be 12 weeks around then. So, I need things!! All my friends had their kids years ago, so hand-me-downs are out.

So....we are afraid of jinxing myself by shopping early...yet don't want to buy me stuff...I don't need, when weeks later I could really use baby things.

Any thoughts?

Not the most exciting idea in the world... but vouchers? If you went for a big dept store or somewhere like Amazon you can wait till you feel safe to buy things or - should things not go your way (which I'm sure won't happen!) - spend them on you.

You could also ask for vouchers for your fav clothes store... maternity gear can get expensive, and, if you bloat or are like me and turn into a food disposal machine, you might find yourself out of your normal clothes sooner than you think!

I second the vouchers idea. That way, when u are in the "safe" zone, you can enjoy buying what you will need for baby. You can even hold off a little longer into your pregnancy until you feel comfortable buying items.

This time last year I got gift vouchers from people. Purely as I would have liked to pick out what I want to buy myself for DD.

I agree. Explain why you want gift cards to family, they will understand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->