Christmas Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Out of all the Holidays gone by, what was your most favorite Christmas? And why?

I may ask this, yet I have to seriously think of my most favorite Christmas. LOL

I dont know which one is my favorit, there are so many. I love going and looking at lights at night, I love decorating, wrapping the presents, decorating the house, baking etc...

I think this year will be the most memorable because we will have our very first LO.

I dont really have one, Ive never really liked christmas up until now.

But Im hoping this one will be the best yet :)

xxx

Mine was when i was younger and getting to the age where i didnt believe in santa any more, i had a big double walk in wardrobe in my bedroom, and my mum and dad put all our presents in there, i have an elder brother and sister, and we all knew that it was my mum and dad who actually put the presents under the tree, so this year, after putting the presents in there, we went to have dinner, over dinner we all decided we were going to booby trap the door in someway, so the 3 of us went up after dinner, and all did a different knot or trap on the door somehow so we would know if it had been opened. In the morning we went downstairs, we had a big open fire place and there were big foot prints of soot out and all the presents under the tree, we raced up stairs but the door and the booby traps were intacked!!!

It wasn't until a few weeks ago i finally discovered the real truth, over dinner they had moved all the presents before we had time to booby trap the door, and us 3 kids didnt even think to look in the wardrobe as we had already put all presents and seen them in there!!!

Mine was when i was younger and getting to the age where i didnt believe in santa any more, i had a big double walk in wardrobe in my bedroom, and my mum and dad put all our presents in there, i have an elder brother and sister, and we all knew that it was my mum and dad who actually put the presents under the tree, so this year, after putting the presents in there, we went to have dinner, over dinner we all decided we were going to booby trap the door in someway, so the 3 of us went up after dinner, and all did a different knot or trap on the door somehow so we would know if it had been opened. In the morning we went downstairs, we had a big open fire place and there were big foot prints of soot out and all the presents under the tree, we raced up stairs but the door and the booby traps were intacked!!!

It wasn't until a few weeks ago i finally discovered the real truth, over dinner they had moved all the presents before we had time to booby trap the door, and us 3 kids didnt even think to look in the wardrobe as we had already put all presents and seen them in there!!!

thats such a great story :) gotta love that christmas magic :happydance:

Oooh I don't know! I loved every Christmas(except 1).

I think I actually enjoyed Christmas more as I got older.

my best christmas ever was when i was living with my grandma and grandad i was about 8 years old and i ran down the stairs as fast as i could jumped on my grandad and started opening my pressents::

the only reason this was my best ever christmas was because it was the last christmas before my grandad died and he was the best ever :hugs:

but im sure ill have an even better christmas when i have my own house with my oh and my bubs :cloud9:

I LOVE Christmas too!
The decorations and all the lights...:yipee:

My parents host the Annual Christmas party,and I for that occassion my mom orders the most amazing Apple Tarts you've ever tasted!
The parties are really good,tons of people,everything glowy...

Christmas was one of the happy times in our home.

I was there last year,but wasn't as good.This year I'm starting my own Christmas party tradition! :smug:

Oh I have one!! :D

When I was a kid, I always used to sneak down the stairs so I could look (and shake) all the presents and then go in my stocking and try to figure out what was in there. So, one year my Dad decided to sleep on the couch where we had our Xmas tree (and totally unbeknownst to me) So, I walked into the living room, turned on the light (all excited to check on the presents situation) and my Dad says, "Hello Christina." I screamed out of shock and then shit, "DAMN!!" and walked upstairs back to my room hearing my dad snickering all the way. :rofl: :rofl:

I love every Single christmas With having no children i get spoilt rotten I know great isnt it :rofl:

But the best days our when you belive in santa and i would wake to a load of presents at the bottom of my bed , Boy my mum and dad must of been dripping with sweat getting them in the room quietly so they didnt wake me
LoL I got so many dolls over them years but the two that always stick in my head is Tiny Tears and Baby Talk ,

Any one remember them dolls Lol

I love Christmas. I honestly dont know if I can name just one Christmas that was my fav. Things have changed over the years for good and bad, so they are all kinda evenly my fav. Although I'm hoping this year is going to be the best! I remember the first year my after my parents divorced, I thought it was going to be awful. But at my moms house, we did our traditional early dinner out on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, then off to the Xmas tree lot to pick one out. My mom let us get a HUGE Xmas tree! My older brother and I got to decorate everything! I remember when we were going to go to bed, my brother just gave me the biggest hug and told me that things would be fine. For 10 years old, he had a lot of wisdom.
Last year I had high expectations cause it was DH and I's first "family" Christmas together, but our apartment flooded and we couldn't be at home for Xmas. We had to stay with MIL for 2 weeks, but we still had a great Xmas.

I have to say that most of my Christmas' have been fabulous.

I remember mostly those when I was growing up. I was brought up by my mom, no other kids, and we didn't have a lot of money, but I have to say that she made sure she spoiled me rotten at Christmas.

She once told me that when I was very young she sold her tv to make sure that I had a wonderful Christmas :(

every year i think, that was the best christmas ever and then the next one is always better. :) i think my best christmas ever was the first one spent with James when we we were first together, we hadn't been together long and he came over and spent it with my family - mum dad nan and gramps (as we all lived and they still do together, as my mum cares for my grandparents) and then we went to my room, where i had decorated it with a small tree and lights and tinsel and we opened our presents together for the first time :cloud9: last year was a pretty amazing christmas too, we spent it at my mums, with us all again (mum dad james nan and gramps) we had an amazing time me and mum cooked dinner and we spent all day opening presents and talking about the baby - my little leech in my tummy. i can't wait for this year now leech has become maddi :cloud9: and we'll be spending the day all together plus maddilynne :cloud9:

I can't remember my fave Christmas but I do remember waking up at about 5am on Christmas morning to see Santa had bought a huge sack (pillow case) full of presents and left it at the end of the bed. I was so small and the sack seemed so huge that I couldn't even move it so I'd have to get my mum to carry it downstairs.

I even remember the really cheap, old fashioned wrapping paper and even now I love that more than the modern stuff. It just brings back great memories!

Once there is no more santa the magic is gone.... until you have your own children. I'll have lots of kids just to make Christmas great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"