Christmas menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
what's everyone eating? :lol:

A few of you may remember Stan's choice for Thanksgiving last year and we're doing something similar for Christmas this year :rofl: Call me crazy but it was actually good last time he did it. Anyways we've bought a turkey breast, cornish hens, and quail. He will de-bone them and than wrap them together. Oh and he's using bacon to help keep it from drying out :rofl: Should be an interesting meal and an interesting day trying to get it all done :haha:

I believe I've heard of this before and I believe I went :haha: last time too :rofl:

We're having turkey, veggies, etc. Traditional Christmas meal!!!

I've heard of doing that but with turkey, duck and chicken...turduckin or something like that haha

We are having ham, au gratin potatoes, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, rolls, dressing. Forget em cookies, fudge, gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies for dessert

Vickie ... have you tried turning it upside down to cook? That way the top "breast" part will be cooking in the juices and help to keep the main parts you'll eat nice and moist

It did look really good last year but i dont have a big oven anymore, so just doing a turkey crown, with the trimmings

HI,

we have got duck with orange sauce (never cooked this b4) with veg and yorkshires. BUT i do have a joint of beef as back up incase duck goes wrong. LOL!

we have orange and strawberry trifles, chocolate fudge cake and lemon merangue pie.

will that work though since we only have the turkey breast and it will be all de-boned and "stuffed" inside? will tell Stan though and see what he says. Although according to him bacon makes everything better :haha: :rofl:

MO3 that is the basic idea but it would be way to much food for just us so Stan modified it :haha:

I would have thought so, or you could turn it halfway through?

I still havent sorted my 2nd pudding, we have christmas pudding but need another option for those who dont like it, might get a cheesecake

hmm for dessert we're having fudge and chocolate pie :lol: not sure what if anything else. I told Stan to get what he wanted yesterday and he didn't get anything. and I don't plan to share my pie or my fudge :rofl:

lol at stan and bacon!!

we have roast turkey and roast chicken, parsnips, cabbage, roast potatoes, yorkshire puds, sausages wrapped in bacon and stuffing (separate) followed by chocolate cake or pecan roulade and cream! mmmm!

Holly Stan has a pretty good recipe for New York style cheesecake if you want it? that is if I can get him to type it out :lol:

the rest of our meal is pretty basic, some veggies, mashed potatoes, and home made rolls.

hmm for dessert we're having fudge and chocolate pie :lol: not sure what if anything else. I told Stan to get what he wanted yesterday and he didn't get anything. and I don't plan to share my pie or my fudge :rofl:

:lol: snap!!

Hell, Im not making it Vickie, i have enough on my plate i'll just buy one from the shop :rofl:

We are going to SIL s for dinner and having Prawn salad, pate and melba toast for starters Roast Turkey, all the trimmings, then for dessert a baileys cheescake or raspberry roulade

Oh BAD thread, I am so hungry now. :growlmad: lol

My Dad cooks our christmas dinner, its traditional christmas dinner and so yummy, I cant wait

As it's just me and OH for Christmas this year we're having pheasant with all the trimmings. I'm making mince pies and am considering making trifle too for afters/ Boxing day. We also have a nice selection of cheeses to have with biscuits. I know that my mum's bringing us up a stocking full of sweets and chocolates and I've got us some rum truffles for our stocking too so we'll inevitably be grazing on that through the day too, though not enough to spoil our dinner!!

Thursday last week we had a big Christmas meal with friends just before a lot of them went home for Christmas. That was turkey, beef and pork with pigs in blankets, chestnut stuffing and a selection of vegetables, with Christmas pudding and brandy clotted cream for afters!! So we've already had a traditional Christmas dinner!!

Beca :wave:

Turkey, roast beef and gammon
Roast and creamed potatoes
Brussel sprouts & carrots
Home-made stuffing
Gravy

Dessert on Xmas day is always trifle and cream :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts