Christmas - Stress

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Blondie2008, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Blondie2008

Blondie2008 Mum to the amazing Bethan

I LOVE Christmas. Always have but this year with a 6 month old i found the whole thing very stressful. Poor Bethan didnt have a clue what was going on yesterday and spent most of the day crying because she was exhausted. This meant that i spent most of the day trying to pacify her as she was passed around one family member to the other.

We are back in our own house tonight after sleeping out for he last two and am very relieved that its all over with to be honest. lol.

Dont mean this to sound grumpy but phew!

xx

2. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

:hugs: we have had a stressful one too, not Myles' fault at all though, just me being over emotional!!

3. Ma petite

Ma petite Jes, Mommy to Eli

:hugs:

Sorry you had a rough time! I think all the excitement sometimes is just too much for the LO's.

4. Blondie2008

Blondie2008 Mum to the amazing Bethan

I think that too. It was def all the excitement. She was spoilt rotten! Surrounded by toys in my in-laws and then more in my parents too. Very very grateful to them for this but Beth just got so tired and ended up in bed by 6pm so that me and my husband could just sit down and relax!! lol xx

5. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I agree that Christmas is really stressful with a LO. They have no idea what's happening, so they sometimes get a little bit worked up when there are big crowds or a lot of action. There were two babies at my Mum's house today, and the younger one get very upset towards the end (he is eight months). Thankfully my LO is now old enough to just get over it and enjoy attention. I promise you, it does get better :hugs:

6. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

Christmas day = major stress! :headspin:
    Connah did not sleep all day and was so tired and OH family would just not let him sleep!
    Didn't help me at all with me being quite ill at the moment...but it definately doesn't make us grumpy :D

Im dreding next year :wacko:

7. ladyjayne

ladyjayne Well-Known Member

Tottally agree! Finn got so overwhelmed with everything, and he was already run down with a really bad cold, he spent most of the day screaming and refused to feed. He got worse and we ended up admitted to the peadiatrics unit overnight. Poor little guy just gave up fighting his cold! :( Not a great 1st christmas. Nevermind though he got tons of toys and managed to play with some this afternoon. Hopefully next year wont be so bad! x

8. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

Thankfully it's only once a year or I would just break down adn cry lol. We totally put a stop to ALL Visits over christmas. We spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day at home, just the three of us and the dog. It was lovely but we still got stressed as the family have Skype and called every single day to 'see what Earl was wearing'. Thing is they insist on calling at 5.30-6pm when he starts getting tired from about then and goes up for his bath at 6.15 so the last 3 nights I've had an over-wrought baby to bath and dress. :growlmad: - they know his bedtime, they know he gets grouchy but No!!!!! Grrrrr

Still, it's over now! until later on in the week when New Year starts and we have all the visits that we put off to do :dohh: I'm looking forward to next year when the novelty of him will have worn off and we can just chill out and relax, oh and Earl will actually have a little clue what's going on. Christmas is no fun for a 2 month old....they don't even get turkey! lol

9. Vicks

Vicks Well-Known Member

I know the feeling! I am actually really glad Christmas is over this year so I can spend a few days at home with Joe, OH and the dog! We spent 3 days have people over or visiting family and poor little Joe's routine went out of the window, no matter how hard we tried to keep it on track :( Hopefully it will be easier next year when they're bigger x