Christmas thread when?

Jessica60

Reaction score
hi all,
When does the Christmas thread start and where can I find it? Thanks

Normally the first week the kids go back to school!

Christmas is going to be really hard this year for shopping. I'll be working immense hours with no time to shop and I don't trust OH :haha:

I've found activity on here isn't as much as it used to be. I need the sub-forum asap because I need ideas for DD1's birthday in October :-=

I was hunting for the Christmas threads the other day! Hope it opens soon.
The activity here has dropped massively :nope:

I keep checking now and then for a Christmas thread. I already bought one thing!
I usually wouldn't until after ds2 and ds4s birthdays in October, but last month I was looking for a present for ds4 to take to a party and saw in home bargains a star wars thing that fired a need bullet. Sure it was £29.99 down to £5.99 so I couldn't say no. Not even sure which of the little two I'm going to give it to yet haha

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm going to try and be more organised this year

I'm tempted to give it to ds4 for his birthday. But I think ds3 will enjoy it more. I could get another if they still have them I suppose.
This year I want to wait for black Friday as they want more games and things as they get older. It's so hard when you're so excited to buy things though haha

I e got a few things already. Asda was selling off slime things 75% off, game 4.99, bubble and water balloons 30p, squidgy £1. I'm doing researching balance bikes. I like to keep my mind busy

I've just logged on for the first time in ages looking for the christmas thread.

It has definitely gone quiet on here. I was first on here 7 years ago TTC my now 6 year old and it was so busy. It seems to get quieter every time I come back.

It does seem to be getting quieter and quieter :(

So, in the absence of the grotto, has anyone started/made any plans for christmas yet?

I think I want to do some hampers for people this year and maybe something homemade. I definitely want to make a christmas cake and christmas pudding this year.

I don't have any plans at all! I think we will be going to MIL's this year for Christmas Dinner. :)
I've no idea what to buy the kids. I feel like my house is still cluttered from last Christmases toys :haha:

So, in the absence of the grotto, has anyone started/made any plans for christmas yet?

I think I want to do some hampers for people this year and maybe something homemade. I definitely want to make a christmas cake and christmas pudding this year.
Hampers sound lovely! I always think of doing things like that but it never turns out that way :haha: plus I'm not very creative!

We're having Christmas day at home just the five of us (i think!) My mum may come around but I'm not sure if she's working. Then probably head to my in laws for boxing day.

DD and DS will be having new bikes as their main presents which MIL had offered to get for them!
DD wants some made to move Barbies and a Barbie car.
DS wants wooden train tracks and trains.

Hello!

I’ve come back looking for the grotto too! Ha ha! Every year it’s the best place for Christmas chatter!

I’m feeling stressed about Christmas as I am usually much more organised and have lots of presents bought by now. This year as I need to buy less (DS still has half his presents from last year untouched - lots of Lego sets not built!) I decided to start later and not hoard things. Now I’m stressed I haven’t got time! Can’t win!

Today I am going to do a plan of what I want to get!

Hello all you Christmas crazies!

No plans as yet. Ds4 is currently showing me lots of Lego sets he's seen so will probably get him mostly them. Ds3 has seen some things called guu jitzu or something that he likes the look of. The biggest 2 will be the hardest. Going to try to go easy this year, but whether I actually manage that is another story haha

I plan on shopping for xmas in October I think, try and get it all done and wrapped as baby number 3 is coming in November, hopefully not any earlier as I'm panicking I won't have time for xmas shopping lol! I want all presents done by the end of November. This year we have decided not to buy the adults anything, just the kids, and the kids in the family, which I think is completely fair :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->