Christmas with a newborn...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Missalisha001, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Missalisha001

Missalisha001 Well-Known Member

So I can assume most of us will have babies by the time Christmas comes. Mine will be around 2 months old. I know it's early to start thinking about it but spreading the cost over the next few months is my only option.
    I don't want to get a lot as she is only going to be 2 months, but I want it to be a special 1st Christmas.
    I'm getting books, a few little toys and some teething rings. And I'm getting her an outfit to wear Christmas Day. And I thought I would get things she will need over the course of the year, as she will have to wait until next OCT for a birthday.
    Trouble is I have no idea what she may need.
    A high chair possibly?
    I have everything else.
    Has anyone got any good ideas for Christmas for a 2 month old girl? Or perhaps some useful things she will need/love.
    I AM DYING TO GET ORGANISED...
    Help please :)
    Thanks in advance xx

2. Louise88

Louise88 Dd- ciara and ds- James

My daughter loved Lamaze toys so I recommend purchasing a couple of those :thumbup:

3. MrsOC

MrsOC Guest

We are going down the same route and are going to buy her things for throughout the year! Big things like a Jumperoo and then a few little toys and books.

4. carbafe

carbafe Well-Known Member

What about a play gym or jumparoo ? A walker will be good before her 1st birthday. Instruments are always good - shakers rattles bells etc

I have most of the above from DS so have got this for baby Christmas
    https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9088092.htm

Will you take baby to swimming lessons ? They can be expensive so you could ask for some as gifts.

O also our ball pool was a big hit in the first year. Maybe think about summer clothes and paddling pool or baby swing as it will be past summer before her birthday. X

5. hels08

hels08 mum of 2 gorgeous girls

i agree, play gym, door bouncers are good from about 6 months, push along walker from about 8 months, theres lots of options! or clothes in the bigger sizes, 3-6. 6-9. 9-12 etc x

6. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

My LO loved her jumparoo & her bumbo with tray :)

7. girlnboots

girlnboots Mother to 4 furbabies

I don't think we'll get her much of anything. We just spent all year buying everything she needs. My sister gave us my niece's baby toys and swings and such, so we're pretty much set for her first year anyways. We might get her a little something, like a cute outfit or a small toy, but I'll have just gone back to work, so money will be tight too. Anything else will probably come from family.

We'll definitely do something to celebrate her first Christmas though, but probably not gifts. Maybe pictures or something?

8. sherple

sherple mam of 3 gorgeous girls

I agree with the jumperoo idea. Plus anything from around 6 months + is a good idea. I felt bad with my last dd as she didnt really have that much to play with until her 1st birthday as she is a late September baby.
    I got my parent to buy her a highchair for christmas.

9. Mummy Bean

Mummy Bean Parker & Dougs Mum

Jumperoo, bumbo, lamaze, play gym, bouncy chair, cute outfits,

Last year we had a photo shoot of parker dressed up as santa/reindeer...so will be doing the same with both boys.

10. ForeverAutumn

ForeverAutumn Well-Known Member

Mine will be a couple of months old too. I think I'll just get a few little books and toys, and maybe an outfit or two. Hes the first grandchild/ Great grandchild so hes gonna be spoilt rotten anyway!

11. whittnie117

whittnie117 Well-Known Member

At this point I don't exactly know how old my little William will be. But if I go off his due date, he'll be a month old.

I plan to buy him rattles, shakers, lamaze toys, and stroller toys for the most part. In our family we do several small presents and one big one. I have no idea what to get him as his big present, lol. Perhaps something he'll be able to use at 6 months. :shrug:

We also have to make a list of things we want for our parents (do most people do this?) and they pick little things and one big thing (it really doesn't have to be on the list) and we plan to ask for anything that we didn't get at our baby shower (we have all the big stuff, just the little stuff left like toys, books, a few things to make it easier).

12. Pansy

Pansy Mother of 1

Father Christmas has been picking up the odd bit for my baby since July! He has been very restrained though, so there are only 3 presents - a toy that makes a noise, a soft toy & a Lamaze toy. We will buy baby a baby gym/play mat if no one else has bought one by that point.

(I'm so excited about putting out the stocking for Father Christmas for baby! Must remember to buy a stocking!!)

13. Princess Lou

Princess Lou Finally a Mummy!

We're buying the Harrods Christmas Bear, a few First Christmas items, a Christmas outfit and putting money into his account to purchase items that he needs later in the year.

Family and friends will purchase items for him so we don't want to buy things that will be duplicated or have too much that he won't necessarily get to play with.