christmas?

mhazzab

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit early, but....

I'm totally dreading Christmas this year. Last year was a bit depressing because we were TTC and I just felt like I needed my own little family to celebrate christmas with...I hoped that I would conceive quickly and that this year, I would have a little baby with me.

This year, I am totally dreading it...I was supposed to have my two gorgeous girls and my Dad with me, and now they are all gone. I know there's quite a few of us who were expecting to have a baby by the end of the year...how do you think you will cope with it? Do you have any plans to help make it any less depressing? or are you just trying not to think about it?

I was also wondering, if anyone knew of any christmassy decorations or ornaments I could get, for my girls? I feel like I need to have something on the tree for them, but I'm not sure what?

I know I'm a bit early with this question, but, I was just thinking, if I wanted to order something, I would have to do it soon.

sorry if I have upset anyone, I don't mean to, I just want to see if anyone else has thought about how they will get through the day :hugs:xxx

I just bought an angel ornament for Hadlee to hang on my tree last night! It is an angel and on it says "May angels always watch over you" I tried to find one that was better but couldnt find what I was looking for. I heard Precious Moments has one of a baby sleeping on a cloud. I think I might try to google that one yet.

:hugs:

I just found this one, its not too bad.

https://www.preciousmoments.com/content.cfm/product/Trim-The-Tree-With-Angelic-Beauty

And this one...

https://www.preciousmoments.com/content.cfm/product/Jesus-Loves-Me-Cross-With-Stand--Boy

ooh you know what, I think I might make my own decorations...I just remembered when I was younger I used to buy this clay type stuff (FIMO) and make beads etc, once you make them, you bake them in the oven to set them.

I might have a look round the internet for some ideas (will have a look at the links you send me too Kiki) and then I could combine the ideas to make my own?

Lol, my hubby will be delighted with this...another one of my hairbrained schemes...like I don't have enough to do right now!!!

This might keep me distracted from the thought of a sad christmas day for a few days anyway...

xx

hey hun! i think christmas this year is def gonna be a hard one... its lovely that you want to make some ornaments...i would but im just not that creative lol. ive ordered a little christmas candle and an ornament from this website

www.alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk

they deliver worldwide and have some lovely stuff even just to give you an idea.

hope your well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know how you feel. I dread Christmas every year. We've been TTC for so long and it's such a depressing time. Every year I hide and ignore Christmas and cry, and my family and friends tell me to keep my chin up and just breath, next year it'll be different. But it never is, and here I am facing another Christmas with nothing. Not pregnant, my son is gone, and I'm getting ready for full hibernation mode again.

I know how you feel. I dread Christmas every year. We've been TTC for so long and it's such a depressing time. Every year I hide and ignore Christmas and cry, and my family and friends tell me to keep my chin up and just breath, next year it'll be different. But it never is, and here I am facing another Christmas with nothing. Not pregnant, my son is gone, and I'm getting ready for full hibernation mode again.

I'm so sorry, Imalia, I wish I could do something to make things better for you...

I'm starting to see the ads on tv, and the decorations all over the shops...it's just so depressing, I'm not ready for it.

My in-laws usually have us over for a big meal, because my dad never wanted to celebrate christmas after mum died. But it never felt right...my in-laws are lovely, but it's just not the same as my own family, my own parents, my own children. Now both my parents are gone this year, I never usually spent christmas with dad anyway, but now that he's gone, I just feel like I have no family of my own, and christmas is a time for family, I always used to love it, I was so looking forward to having my daughters with me. urgh...how many weeks till its over?

xxx

hey hun! i think christmas this year is def gonna be a hard one... its lovely that you want to make some ornaments...i would but im just not that creative lol. ive ordered a little christmas candle and an ornament from this website

www.alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk

they deliver worldwide and have some lovely stuff even just to give you an idea.

hope your well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hmmm, I'm not particularly crafty either but I like to try things, even when they end in disaster, as they usually do! it's the trying that counts, right?

I've had a look on that site before for other stuff, I will check it out again to see what they have, thanks.

hope you are well too xx

Yes!!! Agreed Mhairi! To be very honest, I am excited about Christmas, until the moment it hits me... Emma won't be as planned.... Just this morning I was looking through her closet and ran into her Christmas onesie's they say's "baby's first christmas" and "daddy's lil elf" and " mommy's favorite present" .... UGH! :cry: Yep, it is slowly hitting that Emma won't be here with us...

I was wondering the few same thing, if anyone else was having a hard time with it, I didn't wanna bring it up .. Thank you Mhairi for doing so.... :hugs:

I have been looking online for something to buy, think I want something to place on our tree .. I already bought her a tiny lil christmas tree for her grave but I want something here..... If I run into anything, I'll let you ladies know!:hugs:

Mhairi, I'm completely dreading it! I'm trying to ignore it but as DD is 8 and still does santa it's impossible, I'm going to have to start planning soon for it, especially as we live very rurally and there are no significant shops round about, so more planning is needed to get things and strash them away. We also have to go to MIL's now in Dunedin - about 3.5hrs away as DH's brother is coming over from Oz with his wife and two wee daughters - he hasn't been back to NZ for about 8 years and we were in Scotland anyway so haven't seen him or met his daughters before, so there's no way we could not go.

It may be better it will be busy but I'm dreading it all the more due to the sheer logistics of getting all the santa presents there without DD seeing them and then not being in my own space where I could go and wail if I want. The last time I was in Dunedin was whan I was in hospital losing the boys too, and then for the funeral etc so I don't really want to be there anyway. I was also fully expecting to have our baby (babies, as it turned out) in our arms by then. I probably wont even be able to get on the computer and talk to my girls here to see how you are all doing, argh! (I think MIL thinks it's a bit wierd talking to you all online so I wouldn't be comfortable going on there.)

Oh Kelly, thats so heartbraking you had all the Christmas onesies bought, it must be so hard looking at them.

I saw a link ages ago someone had posted about a lovely angel decoration on ebay, I'll go and see if I can find the thread on here and get the link for you.

xx

I agree with you completely. Jose's sister got us this ornament for the tree, maybe you could do something similar? On one side is a hand-painted angel and it says "In Remembrance" and then on the other side it says Mateo Diaz 2011. It's beautiful and I love it. I'm sure you will find a special way to have them with you during the holidays.

Oh hun I was just saying the other day on another thread how I feel about Xmas.. I dread it. I wish it was over. I don't know how I am going to deal with it. DD will be 8 at Xmas so she is a good distraction but I know I will feel empty. I had pictured Xmas day getting up to feed my baby who would only be days old & having a lovely family day, the 4 of us. Don't get me wrong we will still have a nice family day but it will be different. Instead of doting on our new baby and the excitement of it all we will have to visit him at his grave. I was so looking forward to Xmas this year and now I want to hide until its over.

I got a couple of little Santa decorations today for the tree, one with DD's name on it and the other with my boys. I know it isn't very angely (if thats a word) but I like it. I want this Xmas to be in remembrance of him and some people might think I am crazy but I am going to get a stocking with his name on it and put in a little something for his grave in it.

I am afraid of Christmas, but I will make the best out of it and I pray I am pregnant by then, that will be my gift :hugs::hugs::hugs: I am going to put little reminders of Ava on my tree :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: I am scared but I will make the best out of it for my kids, what else can I do and I am even getting a stocking with Ava's name on it. :cloud9:
Mhairi, you have been through SO very much and still have to be happy about your Joy growing inside of you, I can't imagine how hard that is, I really admire you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Don't dread Christmas take what you can and make the best and know all who you love are watching you and guiding you..
XOXOOOXXO Things will be ok , I promise..XOOXOXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I went out yesterday after classes, looking at tree ornaments, I think I have decided I don't want anything too "angely" either... I have a bunch of different ornaments with my other childrens names and they all also have stockings so I am definately gonna treat Emma the same... She will have the same kind of ornaments as well as her own stocking with her name on it... :flower:

The closer Christmas gets, the more harder it is getting....

I found a tiny lil pink christmas tree and found tiny silver ornament and a tiny silver star , I am gonna leave at Emma's gravesite.. :flower: I'm sure I'll run acrossed more for her, but that's all I have for now...

Yes, I have her clothes put away, and honestly I haven't went to look at them in a while until the other day, it stings a bit when I hold them, touch them... Bleh! I want to put those on her... Still having my moments, but heck, think we all do and will forever.... :hugs:

Eventually found that link, it was posted on an old thread. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BABY-AN...Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item3a63eecf38

I think it might be ebay australia though - I might treat us to two of these though. xxx

I bought my little angel an ornament last year. I will buy him/her another one this year. Its a wooden angel I found at a craft fair, and was just perfect. As far as anyone, other than my children or husband knows, I am just collecting angel ornaments. If anyone were to ever ask, sure I'd tell them who its really for.

thanks everyone...it's nice to know I'm not the only one depressed about the thought of christmas.

Thanks also for your links and ideas, I will check all these out. I have just ordered sand trees like Amanda's...I can just see these looking gorgeous in little frames either side of my fireplace :)

hugs to you all thank you for being here for me xxxxxxxxxxx

For me this Christmas I am so lost. Normal tradition used to be go to my in-laws on xmas eve. Well I dont get along with them anymore, therefore I would be staying home while OH takes the kids. I do not want to tell him he cant go, but I am hoping and praying with everything in me that he makes the right decision and doesnt leave me sitting at home alone on xmas eve while him and the kids go there for dinner and gifts, when this will be such a hard xmas for me. I should be snuggling with my baby (she would have stayed home with me while he took the other 3 anyways if she was here with me) but now I dont have her to snuggle... so I might just have to have a few glasses of wine, and go to bed :( Please pray he makes the right decision you guys :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->