Chubbies trying to become skinny minnies thread

Weight Watchers :) Been my Godsend! Lost 40lbs since starting on the 31st August 2011 this year. Once I reach goal then I am applying to be a meeting leader :)

Wow that's brilliant! I've got a stone to lose till pre preg weight but ideally I'd like to lose a stone and a half.. She says with a big bag of honey roast cashews next to her...

I'm a big fat fatty too :(
I gained 3 and a half stone during pregnancy and that's not including the baby! I lost a stone a week after giving birth then.....nothing for ages. I've now lost another stone but still git 2 stone till I'm where I want to be.
I bought a dress for my works Xmas party its a metallic pinkey gold colour. But I just found out my tiny size 6 best friend has bought the same one for her party - she's going to look great in hers but I'll just look like a tin foil covered Xmas turkey in mine :'(

I lost 30 pounds after giving birth but I have 10 more to lose to get back to my ore pregnancy weight. I've been eating better and trying to exercise more and have list 2 lbs but ican do better

Can i join this thread :)

I put on 3 and a half stone and have 1 and a half still to lose. I've been walking an hour a day for the past 4 weeks and my weight keeps going up and down by 2-4lbs :( so that doesn't seem to be helping. I try and cook more fresh meals and my mammoth appetite i had when pregnant has gone so i don't know what else to do :nope: any tips or advice would be appreciated. I remember it taking ages to lose the weight when i had DS1 so my body must be messed up after pregnancy.

loosing weight if breastfeeding is total lie! all women i know and were breastfeeding-gained. me,an some who didn't-lost as quick as possible. i do not bf,no supply,and in 3 weeks-from 195lbs i went down to 170...so...hope by march i'll be regular 140...

I breat feed and list 30 lbs in the first few weeks. If I only gained 25-30lbs like I was suppoed to all the weight would be gone, but I gained 41lbs, now I have 10 to lose

Some women when breastfeeding maintain or even gain weight particularly on their stomach, hips and thighs-not all BF women lose weight easily. For me BF does help me in losing weight immediately after the birth but then after a few months it starts piling on; however the baby I gained most post-partum with was the one who I switched to formula with very early on. The midwife visiting me after the birth at home 36 hours after he was born said my uterus was contracted to a level they'd expect at 3 weeks so BF does help with that as well xx

Me! My daughter is now 9 months old and I've only lost half a stone of the 2 and a half I put on during pregnancy.
I've been eating like a sparrow for the past couple of weeks and have only managed to shift 1Ib :(
I didn't mind so much when I was a new new mum but my confidence is rocky now. There are people I know who have had babies more recently than me and don't look like they've had one and then there's me...
Like Mrs Park I'm not loving the post c section tummy either.
I don't know what else I can do now. Dieting is doing nothing and I'm knackered after spending my day chasing my mobile baby around and exercise is the last thing I feel like doing. Sadly chasing my LO is tiring but not enough to help me lose weight.
I'm going to a festival next summer and desperately want to lose it for them

Where there is a will there is a way ladies. You can achieve anything you put your mind to.

My sis-in-law is 7 and a half months pregnant... she has put on 6kgs and looks like a svelt twig that has swallowed a beach ball. :mad: I can almost guarantee that she will be back in her skinnies on discharge from the hospital. :'( YAY!

fellow chubby over here :blush:

pre preg i was a size 10, and weighed about ten stone. i am now 11 stone 8, and very unhappy!! i was about 13 stone at the end of my pregnancy, and people keep saying i've done well to lose over a stone. really? given that my baby weighed eight pounds? kind of not that impressive. i lost another four pound on going back to work, but i still have a jelly belly!
i'm now a size 12 on the bottom (which i'm not fussed by, i can live with that) but a 14/16 on top because of my massize boobies that never deflated after stopping breastfeeding, and my lovely overhang.

even with weight loss though, has anybody else found your body shape has changed completely? i've always been very top heavy with a tiny waist, but since having lucas i've got a bigger bum and bigger hips, and i have completely lost my waist lol

Just to add... if anyone is wanting to do weight watchers and wants to know more about it or know how many Pro Points they should be on a day, then please message me. I will work out the points for you on the WW calculator :flower:

I also love this tread! Well done to all you mommys that have lost some weight, keep up the good work!! :thumbup:

Pre pregnancy I lost 3 stone partly doing WW and generally healthy eating along with going to the gym, swimming and working out a bit at home.
I've now seem to put most if not all of it back on :dohh:

I havent been brave enough to weigh myself since I had my LO, maybe I should so I know what I'm dealing with! I have managed to get back into most of my pre-pregnancy tops but not my jeans, I am still wearing my maternity jeans and some normal jeans that are a size bigger than I was pre-pregnancy :cry:

I seem to be hungry ALL the time, being at home alone all day everyday really doesnt help and my willpower is almost zero at the minute - a big kick up the a$$ please... :blush:

Can I join in please?1 My little man was 1 yesterday and I still have over a stone to lose! With two kids, college, volunteering at a special needs school, doing Avon and helping out behind a bar I should easily be losin weight as I never sit down (well apart from now cos Bubs is sleeping and I have a cake baking (for his party on sunday!)... I just can't seem to lose the last bit! I eat pretty healthily as I'm a vegetarian but my partner is terrible and gets the munchies around 9 which makes me wanna join in :(
I've been doing Zumba and working out on the Wii as I have no money or time in the week to go to the gym or classes. By the time the kids are in bed and the house is sorted (which is never ending) I only have the energy to collapse on the sofa and sleep! :(

Its also my sisters birthday in may 2013 so wanna be looking my best for that! I think bread might be my downfall, what to people susbstitute it with? x

God I hate dieting....!!!!!! Today ive eaten:

2 rusks and 2 teaspoons cottage cheese
1 baby broccoli, can of tuna
Dinner will be a small steak and salad!!
Im soooo friggin hungryyyyyyyyy!

I've been REALLY bad this weekend!
We went into town to the German Christmas Market on Saturday and I ate some pretzel, afterwards we went to a Carvery and I had a huge roast dinner, we then went to a friends for the evening where I ate a big bag of Onion Rings and a big Whole Nut bar. Today we went to an all you can eat buffet for my friends daughters bday where I had a bit of pretty much everything and 2 puddings no make that 3 puddings :blush: came home and ate Chocolate watching X Factor :dohh:

Does anyone else weigh more in the morning than at any other time of day? I certainly do :( i thought coz i havent eaten for hours i would weigh less but apparently not.

And how do some mums lose the weight without even trying :growlmad: the only weight i lose is the 2-4lbs i put ON a few days before :cry:

Sorry, just having a really bad fat day.

Glad I'm not the only one who has put on weight! I've never been much of a sweet or chocolate person but now it's all I think about....

I have breakfast then about 9am I just want a chocolate bar :-/ think i'll just have to go completely cold turkey from it in the new year.

not here to brag, just wanted to share. About 2 months ago I was about 15lbs above my pre pregnancy weight, now I weigh less than my pre pregnancy weight! I honestly think it all thanks bf, even though I bf less now because DD is eating solids. I'm really so happy as I never thought I would get here after having a child. But I did have to go up a couple pant sized. My hips really widened during the delivery and I doubt they will ever go back down, so I've had to buy a whole new jeans wardrobe

Does anyone else weigh more in the morning than at any other time of day? I certainly do :( i thought coz i havent eaten for hours i would weigh less but apparently not.

And how do some mums lose the weight without even trying :growlmad: the only weight i lose is the 2-4lbs i put ON a few days before :cry:

Sorry, just having a really bad fat day.

That happens to me too especially if i havent gone for a number 2 for many hours lol! I try and weigh myself a couple hours after a bowel movement just to make myself feel better! I think the point is to weigh yourself the same time once a week max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->