Chunky throw up?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Annunakian, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Annunakian

Annunakian Mom of two

A couple hours ago I had fed DD like I always do and after her bottle whilst trying to settle her she starting heaving and ended up throwing up. It was chunky... what's up with that? Should I change formulas? I am actually waiting for my pump to come in the mail as I am re lactating and she isn't latching and I'm not hand expressing enough for a full bottle.. She is on Similac Sensitive. Also she has been super fussy the last 2 weeks or so and the doc pretty much dismissed the fact she is inconsolable most of the time. Also waiting for gripe water to arrive.

Ideas?

2. Peachypoo

Peachypoo 2 angels & another baking

that sounds pretty normal... i mean is it chunks of milk? milk normally curdles in stomach acid... she wasnt in pain or anything? and was it alot? my lo has reflux and i get that all the time, but with first lo i used to get it occasionally and she didnt have any issues...

3. Peachypoo

Peachypoo 2 angels & another baking

btw i dont think changing formulas too often are a good idea... breast is definatly best but im strugling due to lo reflux, and my over supply and will be trying neocate and express so once her insides are better developed i can fully bf...

4. littleemma

littleemma Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the chunks, that's how milk goes after it's been in the stomach for a while, it was problably from her last take.

5. Annunakian

Annunakian Mom of two

Thanks ladies. :)

6. MrsH1980

MrsH1980 Mummy to Myka

This happens occasionally with Myka...I was told it might be where I hadn't burped her fully at the last feed....either way, its not dangerous :)