Cigerette Breath

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
OMG - Nearly everyone I work with smokes (I used to) and every time they come even within half a rooms distance, the smell of stale fags from their breath is turning my stomach.

Can't say anything though cos none of them know about pg. . .plus its kinda rude to say to someone. . . "your breath smells like something has curled up and died in your mouth!!!!"
How am I going to cope for coming weeks!?!?!

When did you give up smoking? I just gave up recently.. like the last few days. It's hard but I just keep thinking about my little baby. x

Well, officially about 5 years ago, but if I had had a bad day then i 'borrowed' one from someone at work. Usually about 1 a week.
However as soon as BFP came along NADA, not a one and don't even think about it anymore!

I stopped too soon as I got my BFP! Did the same the first time I was pregnant and didnt miss them at all, breast fed my little girl til she was seven months to the day, and then started again straight away. Worst mistake ever, def will not start again this time no sir-ree! Must say the smell is turning me quite a bit from my friends at work smoking x

You finding it hard?

I am yes, which is strange. I thought it would be so easy because of knowing that there was a little one growing in me. But my stress levels are thro the roof at the mo!

I weaned myself off as soon as I found out. Took about a week. Haven't had one in a week or two now but I still get cravings when I get upset, which is pretty often with these hormones! It's definitely been easier to quit this time. Tried 4 or 5 times before but didn't have the motivation of pregnancy.

And for the original poster.. try sucking on altoids peppermints. they are so strong that sometimes they overwhelm your sense of smell with peppermint instead of other stuff.

Hello

I used to smoke also and I gave up cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant with my 1st, he is 5 now, just wanted to say I really feel for you and know how hard it is! But you are doing great and it will get better! Although it doesn't feel like you'll ever stop craving! Its the best thing I have ever done! :thumbup:

I just gave up too a week ago today, and ya it's still kinda hard.....but good on us girls because we are doing a wonderful thing for our babies!! :thumbup:

I have done the same, turned cold turkey last Sunday! Went to the Dr on Tuesday and he told me going cold turkey is a bad idea!!! Said it causes more stress than what a cigerette would and i should just cut down day by day! Sod that, if that happened i would probably never stop!

I also quit about a month B4 I got pregnant. How I dealt with people at work who smoke is tell them that I was trying to quit smoking so when I backed away from that awful smell they wouldn't be offended. Good luck on quitting ladies..I did it cold turkey and it wasn't easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->