Cilest pill/contraceptive pill and trying for another help

cupcaker

Reaction score
Prior to TTC I took the cilest pill for several years. By the time I had decided to TTC, I had been off the pill for ages anyway (let's just say I was ready and willing, taking ovulation tests, getting to know my cycle etc whilst I waited for OH to be ready).

OH has just sprung it on me about TTC another. I need no persuasion in the matter but do need advice.

How important is it to wait for your next 'natural' period? I stopped my last pill of the month last night (this is just coincidence) so I expect my fake period sometime soon and then I guess I wouldn't take anymore pills.

What are the reasons for having to wait until your natural period, is it to help with dating the baby (in the unlikely event of getting caught right away) or are there actual dangers.

Thanks very much

I just came off celest half way through the pack and got to dtd. We conceived within 3 months :thumbup:.... Having a true period means that you or your doc van estimate a due date x

thank you for that. Last time I stopped cilest my true period arrived 28 days later so it was plain sailing. Concieved on month 4. I just wasn't sure if it caused any danger to not wait.x

I was taking cilest on and off after i had a mc till i was ready to try again properly. I stopped one slip and started trying right away and got pregnant before my proper period came !! Anyway there was no problem with dating which is why the docs advise to wait. You will still know how far you are if it happens right away and the first scan can tell you accurately anyway.
Good luck!! :)

I stopped half way thru the pack and got pregnant 2 months later. I researched it at the time and I found the main reason was so that dating was easier.

Goodluck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"