Cinch your waists Ladies!!!

Amandabelk05

Mummy of 1, Baking a 2nd
Reaction score
Ha I've just come across this article and I couldn't think of any I'd less like to do after :baby: comes along. No thanks I've had enough of wearing a back support for the last few months never mind wearing one after too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...e-Cinch-Royal-College-Midwives-isnt-sure.html

Think I'll stick to laying off crisps, chocolate, takeouts and the rest of the junk :haha:

No pressure for me thanks :wacko:

haha. thats a bit much! looks like an object of torture!!! :rofl:

my midwife said wearing those big knickers/tummy huggers help you to tighten your stomach muscles back into shape afterwards :) thought that was a nice simple thing to do to help the process (also hiding any unslightly stretchmarks if you have them!)

i for one, will be trying that! xx

I might be tempted by a regular corset a few weeks after but not straight away. Anyway I'll see what I look like first.

I will stick to horse riding that should do the trick... i hope.

I think this sentence:
"But the Royal College of Midwives has now warned that the Cinch and similar abdominal binders could be a risk to women's lives."
is the only one you really need to take in from that article.

For god's sake, can't we just have some time to be Mums before we are made to succumb to social pressures to look perfect again?

I think this sentence:
"But the Royal College of Midwives has now warned that the Cinch and similar abdominal binders could be a risk to women's lives."
is the only one you really need to take in from that article.

For god's sake, can't we just have some time to be Mums before we are made to succumb to social pressures to look perfect again?

exactly... I don't intend on going out in a bikini the week after having my LO.. I plan on being in jammies... at home w/ my hair in a ponytail bonding with my little man. I definitely want to get back in to pre-pregnancy shape (better than actually as I wasn't in the best shape to begin with) but stuff like this scares me...

the friend of a lady I used to work with went in to get a routine tummy tuck 6ish months after having her last child, because she wanted to tighten everything back up... ended up with a blood clot and didn't make it 48 hours past surgery - very rare apparently... but it happened and now that little baby will grow up without his mommy.... the pressure to look perfect is horrible

Imagine that... You are walking around with a matress between your legs and sore achy breasts and dry nipples from trying to get in the swing of brest feeding and tired from lack of sleep not to mention the stitches down below. Now on top of all this, you are supposed to strap a device to your waste that I can only imagine makes it more difficult to sit down comfortably. Yeah right! :haha:

Post birth waist binding has been done in various cultures for millenia, this isn't something new. I'm considering it a few weeks after the birth when I get the all clear with regard my womb shrinking, it basically brings the two sides of your and back together to help them rejoin.

Not a notion of trying it until my body is ready though.

I am considering this one https://www.purechic.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=439&number_of_uploads=0 - not until I get the all clear obviously though x

Being a mother is a normal part of being a woman. In the old days curvy women were considered beautiful and natural. Society shouldn't push us into a certain pigeon hole just because Angelina Jolie and Gwen Stefani are in there. We cant all afford nannies and personal trainers.
I think we should concentrate on being the best parents we can be, and then focus on being healthy. Sod worrying about saggy skin and stretch marks. My OH says I'm beautiful and shouldn't risk my health and happiness for the sake of someone elses vision of perfection.

I think the whole point is choosing to do what works for you - personally I cant wait to get my pre pregnancy shape back but hey its each to their own really isnt it x

I think the whole point is choosing to do what works for you - personally I cant wait to get my pre pregnancy shape back but hey its each to their own really isnt it x

Oh no I totally agree, but I don't think women should feel pressured into wearing one of these contraptions and/or getting slim faster in order to feel accomplished. I imagine being a mother is a hard enough job as it is without added pressure. I worry about insecure and easily influenced mothers who will read this and risk their health to try and please society.

The Daily Mail is painting it as a purely vanity measure. Your tummy muscles are important for posture and back health, that's my reason for wanting to help them recover as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->